a true succes story 64lbs lost here are my pics

Options
Hi everyone well it was a long and gruelling 4 months but here i am ready for the world with a whole new attitude and body to go with it. Weighing in at a peak 234lbs last summer, yesterday i have hit my goal of 170lbs... 64lbs since last year at this time and 57lbs since i found MFP. It wasnt all MFP though, I have to credit Xbox kinect and Ea sports active 2 as well. After completeting their 6 week starter and 15 week workout programs I found Nike + running and tracked miles and calories there as well, walking 5 miles a day at first now running it three times a week and I intend on entering the Barrie, Ontario half marathon in June, who would have thought. My longest run so far has been a 10.7km run wich is about 6.5 miles (for those in the U.S.) half the distance of the race. it was tough and i didnt run the whole thing (i had to walk the last mile) but i had energy left. It showed promise (maybe i can finish 13 miles). I have two more months to prepare, train... oh ya and i eat again. Burning 1200 calories during exercise means i can eat almost anything......almost!!!

Anyways after all that i just wanted to thank all of you whose blogs I've read (even though this is my first blog or response for that matter and you dont know me) it was really inspiring to see so many have had great success, and to those who are just starting or in the middle, the end will eventually come for the calorie count and providing that you keep exercising the count will be to insure you are taking in enough calories....Good luck all ... my new goal is the race its keeping me focused on keeping off the weight .. wish me luck im going to need it.

I've posted some before and after pics ...and feel free to ask for some advice. As you know MFP works and works well

Thanks again
S.J.
p.s. i reposted so everyone who needs a little inspiration could see how far i've really come in 4 months with my pics

the first 2 pics at 234lbs nov 2011 and before

01scotty234lbsmarch20112.jpg
02scotty234lbsmarch2011.jpg

the second set are jan 2012 at 202lbs

03scottyjan2012halfway203lbs2.jpg
04scottyjan2012halfway203lbs.jpg

the last set are apr 17 2012
finish line 170lbs

05scottyfinishline170lbs2.jpg
06scottyfinishline170lbs.jpg
07scottyfinishline170lbs3.jpg

Replies

• k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    haha those are fun pics!

congrats! you've done an AWESOME job! you're looking great :)
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! And I love how your progress pictures are from Kinect Adventures! I should go back and find the ones from me being heavier, haha! Don't you love losing weight by playing games? :D
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Love the pics, you look great!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss journey! And what fun pictures! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! You look great and this is very inspiring! This definatly will help motivate me on my journey and I am sure a lot of other people as well!! Thanks for your post.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you look great
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WOW you did it great for you!!!!!:smile:
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Very interesting pics. Great job losing all that weight, you can see a HUGE difference!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Haha, I liked those pics.

Great job on the 64 lost!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Best before and afters ever! Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • billyverret
    Options
    AMAZING results!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • juliewalker1
    Options
    you look fantastic
  • Scottyjones69
    Scottyjones69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks all your well wishes and words truly are inspiring me to keep on track
    ill let you know how the race goes as ive officially signed up and am in training for it as of last monday
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So fun! AWESOME JOB!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Those are awesome pictures! You look like you were having fun - and you look great!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Holy Moly! You rock!!! You will do great on the race. You are a huge inspiration!!!!!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Funny, you actually completed my goal. I wanted to go from 245 to about 180.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    WOW!!! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!