Back after miscarriage

Options
(I just wrote a topic but it didn't post...)

My husband is still deployed. We got pregnant on R&R with our first child and lost our little one last week at 13 weeks. Our hearts are broken. I know exercise is good for the body and mind.. my husband has PT so I have to work a little harder to get my own routine.

Using this site the past year I lost 40 pounds. I've put on 15 pounds over the holiday and some of it I'm sure it pregnancy related... I just stopped weighing myself. As long as I was under 150 I was okay but that's not okay.

My husband was home for emergency medical leave to be with me during a surgery but he left yesterday. It's only 10 am here so I plan on going out and getting some fitness gear. I'm going for running shoes, maybe workout clothes, and a daily supplement. I'm stuck on Nike and with military discount I know where to get those. One thing I'd like suggestions on is a supplement. My body got used to the prenatals and I'd like to continue a regimen because I was taken off anti-depressants on the discovery of our pregnancy and I have no intention of going back on them. I have a medicine for anxiety for the attacks I've had recently but those will soon be put away as well.

Please add me. I need all of the support I can get. It's only been a week so I imagine I'll be starting slowly. Thank you.

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! Good to have you back!
  • raqueljoliemassoud
    Options
    im so sorry for youre loss. its wonderful that youve decided to continue your weight loss journey though .
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss. Good luck with the weight loss :heart:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me. I lost what wouldve been my 2nd, back int eh fall and it took a toll on me as well. Take care of yourself! All will be alright :)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this it takes time to get over a miscarriage speeking from personal experience and i am also a midwife so have professional experience too. Will add you as a friend. Be gentle with yourself and take it easy.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Soo Sooo sorry for your loss,please feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss!

There is no need to stop taking prenatals though, especially if you plan to try to conceive again in the future. Many non-pregnant women take them as a good vitamin supplement.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I've been in your situation and it is HEARTBREAKING. But that doesn't mean your journey is over. Time does heal and bring acceptance. And shortly after my miscarriage, I was delighted to hear that I was pregnant again, with my son who is 8. Don't give up hope. We're here for you to listen and support you through the emotional ups and downs. Exercise is healing, and you'll feel better for doing it. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Welcome back!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No advice on the supplements as I have just started looking at those myself. Just wanted to comment and say how sorry I am for your loss. I hope you are able to find some comfort in time. Glad you are getting back to taking care of yourself too. Feel free to add me if you need support.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss, you can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I sorry for your loss. I know what it is. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. It is heartbreaking and hard, but you will get through it.

You will have your family one day. Today I have 2 beautiful daughters ages 3 & 5 ....and one day you will be telling me about your children.

You are doing everything right. You lost weight, you are eating well and taking your vitamins. Keep doing what you are doing :)

If you need support or a friend, feel free to message me anytime.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    Stay positive and thank you husband for his service from everyone here at myfitnesspal. God bless!
  • nicvan05
    nicvan05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss:( feel free to add me :)
  • lorforde
    lorforde Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that this will give you enough to think about and to concentrate on until your husband is back home with you again!
    Do you know what...I had something stolen from me overnight and I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself and not exercising as a result....you are an inspiration! With all you have been through to be so focused.
    Please fell free to add me
    I wish that things get easier for you and your reintroduction to MFP can help you on the way to losing the weight that you want to

With all my heart I wish you luck xxx
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    So sorry for you loss, feel free to add me!!
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We can get through this together! My miscarriage was only a week ago as well... the hardest week of our lives, along with the time we miscarried last fall. It's awful and I don't understand it. But we can get through it. I'm turning this into motivation to get even healthier and lose weight before the next pregnancy. You have a support system on here... just keep up with it! :)
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    I agree about the prenatals too, feel free to continue taking them, they're actually really good for you anyway and help to prep your body as a healthy vessel for when you are pregnant again :)
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    We can get through this together! My miscarriage was only a week ago as well... the hardest week of our lives, along with the time we miscarried last fall. It's awful and I don't understand it. But we can get through it. I'm turning this into motivation to get even healthier and lose weight before the next pregnancy. You have a support system on here... just keep up with it! :)

exactly! :)
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Stay positive and thank you husband for his service from everyone here at myfitnesspal. God bless!

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can stay on the vitamins you have it's great for hair and nails and such, but please don't push your self too hard this just do what you can when you feel you are able to do it. I am adding you right now. Good luck on your journey!