need a group of people to support each other

Options
Hello, I feel its better when you have a support system of people that are serious in losing weight just as much as you are. It gives a extra push when working out and you feel you need to stop, or If you are hungry and about to make mad decisions. Its also good to pass on tools, recipes are information to help lose weight healthy.

Replies

• angel_marcelle
    angel_marcelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I will be part of your support group :)
  • egweena
    egweena Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Angel, Im trying to lose 70lbs. What are you weight loss goals?
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    I would love to be in your support group; I am trying to lose 75 lbs.
  • egweena
    Options
    We are def in the same boat. When have you started?
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    I just started this week. Was on another plan before but kept loosing and re-gaining the same 15-20 lbs so I'm hoping this time will be better.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this second time around and can't even work out how to do a post! I can reply to one but not write a new one- how sad is that?! I'm trying to work out what I can eat that doesn't have carbs or protein as I am consistently well under on my calories but up to my limits on these food groups. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • estefani220
    Options
    Hi!

I would love to be part of the support group. I am trying to lose the remaining of my 60 lbs. I started in February weighing 210 lbs. I have since lost 16 lbs. I have a way to go still. I go to structured ecercise (ZUMBA!) 3 times a week. I sometimes do ZUMBA at home on other days. I try to walk/run/play soccer (kids/husband) on the rest of those days.

Nice to meet you!

--Stephanie
  • cathy620
    cathy620 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd like to be in your group too! I would like to lose 75 lbs. Went to the Dr yesterday and she recommended this site.
  • angel_marcelle
    angel_marcelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 40 lbs. I have been trying off and on for years. I always seem to get discouraged and give up.... but I'm giving it my all this time and this is my first time using MFP. So far so good!!! The support and the feeling of not being alone will really help!
  • Moniquizical5
    Options
    Hi There! I am totally in need of a support system. I do better when I know that people are on the journey with me! So thankful for these forums! Let's go get it!!!! :)
  • estefani220
    Options
    @sa11yjane,

How often are you exercising that you break a sweat? I would not worry too much about the protein (if you are regularly exercising). I often find that if I go too heavy on the sweets for the day, my carb amount goes over. But I then try to work on just getting the weekly amount of carbs. So if I mess up one day, I can still make up the difference in the weekly amount. I try not to go too hard on myself, if I do I will likely go into a 'feeding' frenzy.

@cathy620,

I began exercising because my doctor told me that my spine was straightening out due to bad posture. The bad posture came from being over weight. I found this app on my phone by 'accident'. I have been using My Fitness Pal since then and it has been great at making me accountable for everything that I put into my mouth. I hope that it will be as helpful for you.

--Stephanie
  • 06lisa17
    06lisa17 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi egweena!!!

I have to completely agree with you!!! I've just started my weightloss journey TODAY and looking to lose almost 70lbs!!! We can all use the support system to help each other through the good and bad times!!!
  • egweena
    Options
    I have done zumba on this past saturday and monday. I would like to say WHOA!!! I was in the back trying to keep up. Last week I did a few spin classes. I beleive with how sore I was after the spin classes I need to contine :). my target areas are my thighs and arms.
  • KatyMalkin
    Options
    I completely agree, this is my 4th week on here :)
  • juliewalker1
    Options
    i would love to join the group please
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Add me in for support. My first goal is to lose 30lbs but I really need to lose probably 50. Losing 30 will at least put me back into a "healthy weight range." I will fully admit that I have good intentions and then slip up a lot !
  • Dee_Johnson
    Options
    what a brilliant idea only been on here for like 3 days so would love to join the group if i can :)
  • ItsShenMarie
    Options
    Add me! I have been looking to join a group on here for support.

I just started my journey on Monday, looking to drop AT LEAST 30lbs in 6 months.
    Would love to connect with others for that extra push of motivation, and support!
  • Trinilee
    Trinilee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Egweena!
    I'm jumping on board with all of you. (smile) today is my third day and I'm looking to lose 100 lbs. This says I registered back in 2010. I didn't do anything with it then but now am planning on sticking to it like glue. Supporting each other in this journey is what we all need. I'm getting ready to get out and take a 30 minute walk so if anyone is up to it I'll be heading out around noon. I know we won't be side by side on the sidewalk but we will be just a click away on here. I'm here Egweena.
  • AndreaCimmino
    AndreaCimmino Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in your group too :) Can always use some support and friendship/motivation ;)
    Andrea