• kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    HYSTERICAL!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Pretty accurate actually lol

I mean, we held a parade for our local homeless transvestite (who also ran for mayor a few times) when he passed away. Normal.

He passed away? That sucks, that guy was awesome.

Yeah :( about a month and a half ago. It was really sad, he'd suffered a brain injury after a fall and was in a coma for a couple weeks. The mayor declared it "Leslie Day" and they've changed the annual "Keep Austin Weird" Fest every summer to "Leslie Fest" (I think). Everybody here has SOME kinda story involving Leslie!!

It's hard not to have a story when he was on 6th street every weekend in his pink underwear and a wife beater. At least that was his chosen attire for the short time I was roaming around Austin.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    bumping for later. I can't see at work! lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Me trying to look cool or something, I don't know, no judging, but my friend did a pretty awesome photobomb in the background.

photobombed.jpg?t=1334768376
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Me trying to look cool or something, I don't know, no judging, but my friend did a pretty awesome photobomb in the background.

did you step in some cats? LOL
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

I said no judging!!! lol
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Pretty accurate actually lol

I mean, we held a parade for our local homeless transvestite (who also ran for mayor a few times) when he passed away. Normal.

He passed away? That sucks, that guy was awesome.

Yeah :( about a month and a half ago. It was really sad, he'd suffered a brain injury after a fall and was in a coma for a couple weeks. The mayor declared it "Leslie Day" and they've changed the annual "Keep Austin Weird" Fest every summer to "Leslie Fest" (I think). Everybody here has SOME kinda story involving Leslie!!

Oh no. That is so sad. I remember him from my visit to Austin years (many many years ago). :cry:

The picture is epic though. Love it! :laugh:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    pb2.jpg?t=1334771132
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Being that I was a professional documentary photographer for about 7 years, I have hundreds of them. Unfortunately, they are amoungst hundreds of thousands of images. It would be a monumental effort to look through them. But, it's so much fun when something like that happens.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options

Hahahaha!