Major Milestone Met (+pix)

Options
mostaverage
mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
What can I tell you about this journey that hasn't been written better already on here, not much I guess. I've been "big" all my adult life, stout some would say, well built was popular, robust, rotund, portly or when my ego allowed it "powerful". Once the shirt was off however there was only one word that I can consider honest - fat.
In the first photo, the green t shirt, I think this was my heaviest point, couldn't tell you exactly what the weight was but it was well up over 21 st so 300+ lbs. Wasn't exercising, was grazing constantly and I was extremely unhappy, with me & nearly every aspect of life.
6943771292_6a389c94c9_z.jpg

Around my 40th birthday I had dropped a few pounds, I reckon I was about the 300 mark and in the shot below you can see that I appear to have voldemort in my belly...
6943771438_b25d8c38d1_z.jpg

January 2011 I had enough of myself, another Christmas holiday had gone by of eating too much and feeling sick most days, daily knee pain getting in and out of cars, chronic backache and some other warning signs that my weight was causing me physical damage as well as mental damage. Enough was enough, so I resolved to do something about it. I started cutting back on what I was eating, cut out diet drinks in favour of water and got my old mountainbike out to get some exercise on. First time out I burst the suspension on the back, a massive blow to the ego but it strengthened my resolve to shift the weight. I got a robust hybrid bike and started getting some miles in. Throughout spring, summer & autumn of 2011 I built up my milage and ate salads for most meals and sure enough the pounds dropped off. The loss slowed around November 2011, coincidentally at the time the bike went into the shed, and I was told about this site, got the app and started logging my food. This has become an obsession & the community and support here is simply outstanding.
At some point I set myself a target - lose 5 st, or 70lbs at a rate that was healthy...and I have just breached that goal...

This was me, last night, just before kicking off an hour of football (soccer)
6943771618_2d0b330a19_z.jpg

I feel I still have a way to go to be at the weight destination, whatever that ends up being! From now I want to focus less on "weight" and more on body fat, currently sitting at 27% - I want to get that down to 20%, ideally 15% but that will depend on how I feel as time goes on. I have reset my goals, to drop another 28lbs, which would take me to 20% give or take, dropped the rate from 2ppw to 1ppw and increased my daily cal allowance.
Now is a good opportunity to review where I came from - "Well built" , renew focus on where I want to get to ^^ and take a second to reflect on some of the things I have achieved on the way - 5 stone lost, C25K Grad, 2 x Super Sprint Triathlons, dropped 3 waist sizes, 45 miler on the bike....I can look at myself in the mirror and not be ashamed anymore.

Thank you for this site, the app & the tools & thank you for all my super-supportive MFpals.

I hope to post an "arrived at destination" type post later this year and more importantly, I hope to see many more like it from all of you! C'mon people, we got this!

Replies

• WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    WOW! You look great, good job.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wow. that is AWESOME! a new person!
  • FORGVN
    FORGVN Posts: 20
    Options
    mostaverage, I have said it before and will say it again ... I propose a new name for you "mostnotsoaverage". You sent shivers up my spine reading this story brother. You really are a great inspiration to us all. I am proud to have been on a bit of your journey with you and look forward to the great adventure in the future. Much man love to you ... you are awesome!
  • Deba44
    Deba44 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a great accopmplishment.. You look awesome. Very Inspiring as I have just started on this site and already addicted.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Congratulations on your success, you will make it to your goal! You have come SO far! Thank you for sharing!
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Now what's this business about Voldemort being in your belly?
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats, and thanks for sharing your story. It definitely inspires other, including me.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your positive messages - much appreciated!
    Now what's this business about Voldemort being in your belly?

When I look at that photo I can see a face emerging out my t-shirt, kinda looks a bit like voldemort
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good work!
  • chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that is such an incredible transformation!! You should be so proud. You look absolutely wonderful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!