Protein, Protein, Proteinnnn...

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
I keep going over my protein, is this a bad thing? The red ink is scaring mee..

Replies

• KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    Your protein count is very low, why not change the percentage of your carbs in your profile to balance it out.
  • Jocourtman
    Options
    you can never have too much protein I am doing a high proitein diet at the min and i comsume 3x the amount i am suppose to, protein helps you lose weight if you eating a low carb diet.
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I always go over my protein. I'll eat like 3oz of chicken and a special K bar it will be red.
  • Aprill42
    Options
    How do I go about doing that? I just go by what MFP dealt for me. LoL
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you can never have too much protein I am doing a high proitein diet at the min and i comsume 3x the amount i am suppose to, protein helps you lose weight if you eating a low carb diet.

Well, They say if not burned of, protein turns to fat, but I'm not a nutritionist.
    Wouldn't anything not burned off turn to fat?
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You can change the percentages of carbs/fats/protein in your settings. Mfp numbers are usually set pretty low. I typically eat 150-200 g of protein each day.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I found raising my protein to 35% helped me lose weight and stop cravings. go into your settings and goals and change it manually. I'm at 45% carbs, 20% fat and 35% protein. Most days, I cant make my protein goal without having a protein powder shake.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Well, They say if not burned of, protein turns to fat, but I'm not a nutritionist.
    Wouldn't anything not burned off turn to fat?
    Yes.
  • Aprill42
    Options
    So, next question. What would you all prefer for me to tweak for my carbs protein and fat? I'm 5'5 I weight 170 and my goal is 160 and I workout 5 times a week. 3 days running 2 days circuit. Just need some advice so I can start tweaking!
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You can change your daily percentages for protein, carb, fat, etc. by going to my home, then goals, then change goals
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 Carbs-protein-fat, works for a fair number of people. Some people tweak the protein up carbs down, or fat down protein up, or something along those lines. But that's a pretty good starting breakdown to stay in a healthy range of everything.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So, next question. What would you all prefer for me to tweak for my carbs protein and fat? I'm 5'5 I weight 170 and my goal is 160 and I workout 5 times a week. 3 days running 2 days circuit. Just need some advice so I can start tweaking!
    It's mostly personal preference. General recommendations for your activity level would be 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, and 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body weight. Then fill the rest in with carbs.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think Protein is one of the few that if you go over your ok...When I was working in special warfare we had a guy that worked on our team who was a fitness trainer and owned his own gym/business outside of the military and he would workout like 4 times a day and he was well into his 40s...He was awesome. One thing he used to tell all of us that used to stick with me is.. When you first wake up in the morning you should be thinking "where is my protein"