Sports Bras for Busty Ladies

Options
Hey ladies! I'm in the market for some new exercise clothing, but have always found sports bras the most difficult to shop for. I am EXTREMELY busty, meaning I have to shop in specialty bra stores to have a prayer at finding at least a few bras in my size (36GG). I was curious to see if any other busty ladies have found some luck in that department. Where do you shop? How much do you pay on average? And how often do you replace your sports bras? Thanks for the help!

edit: And any chance of a NON UNDERWIRE sports bra?!

Replies

• sissypunks
    Options
    bump
  • angie_sample
    Options
    would love to see responses to this. I usually just wear 2 sports bra, especially if i run and i wouldnt mind having even more support
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Freya and Shockabsorber work for me. (I wear a 36H) These are pricy but good. Frey gives you better shape. Shock Absorber has very good support, crappy shape. Sources:
    Very.com
    Bare Necessities
    Figleaves.com

I have heard good things about Enell, but I have't tried it.

Very.com is super cheap, I got a Shock Absorber bra for $35. Last time I paid $50. I have paid around $40 on average. I think you need to replace the sports bras every 6-12 months depending on how many are in your rotation. I am getting around to replacing mine now, but have only been exercising very consistently for about 4 months. But I am replacing mostly for size, not wear and tear. I shrunk in the band a bit and they are loose.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was thinking just a few minutes ago as I was attempting jumping jacks (epic fail) that I could really use and NEED a good sports bra. So BUMP.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    at first i thought this said sports bars for busty ladies:laugh:

Enell you won't even know you have boobies anymore:happy: they squeeze them very tight but they are not attractive but great for running. Get sized for it at a running store if possible.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife always turned to Title Nine (http://www.titlenine.com/). From what she said, they were more pricey than she was used to, but completely worth it. Plus they lasted a particularly long time.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Look up the Enell sports bra (Oprah recommended). It has allowed me to do Jillian Michaels workouts and start running, when I never would have dreamed of it before! They are pricey, but worth EVERY penny. No underwire, awesome support and compression to allow for maximum amount of movement possible. A great bra, all around, as sports bras go.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Enell bra's are for busty women and you can order them online on their site. Just google Enell. THey have two types and 3 colors. This bra is the best that I've found to work out in. Good Luck, I feel your pain.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump!! Need a new support system ;-)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I shop online only. I started out as a 36E and love the Shock Absorber. Bought it from barenecessities.com. Having shrunk quite a lot (to a 32D), I'm now loving my Moving Comfort Juno bra I bought from Amazon. Most online retailers have free return shipping so don't feel bad about buying a bunch and then sending some back.

edit - both are wire free
  • mandysunshine
    Options
    bump
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all...the only thing that works for me is 2 really good sports bras
  • littlecar1
    littlecar1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Enell ones. They are expensive, but so worth it. Feel a bit weird to put on as it's done up by what seems like dozens of hooks & eyes at the front and they seem to squash my boobs, but they are very comfortable and give fantastic support. Thoroughly recommend them.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the Shock Absorber. Cost $70, but I can run with out my knockers knocking me out and it's super supportive. I am a 34FF or H depending on US or UK sizing. I use Herroom.com.
  • jadedone
    Options
    My ex-wife always turned to Title Nine (http://www.titlenine.com/). From what she said, they were more pricey than she was used to, but completely worth it. Plus they lasted a particularly long time.

OP: skip title 9 is you are bigger than a DD or DDD. They don't carry that size often. They have a good selection if you are smaller. I checked in a few weeks ago.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I can't recommend Very.com enough. They have Shock Absorber bras priced from $30-40, ship all over the world and ship really fast! (Oh and cute clothes from about UK8 to UK 28 or 30 [US 4-26ish])
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else put a regular cotton bra under their sports bra? That's what I usually do, but it sucks wearing two and I worry the underwire interferes with my HRM. Are those Enell bras good enough to really just wear that alone? Also, how do they measure up in the uni-boob department?
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks all! Yeah, I think I checked out Enell and I'm at a loss as to which size I should order because mine is not included in the example sizes (Enell does some weird 1-4 system...). Sports bras past DDD or even F are hard to come by.

Definitely going to check out Very.com. I already pay $70-90 a pop for my regular bras, it'd be nice to not have to drop the same for sports bras.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use the Enell bras. While I really like them for comfort, I would only say they are "okay" at controlling the bounce of the boobies. Maybe it is just me, but I've come to the realization that I'm a double D and you know what, they are going to bounce some. So, I've gotten over it, and kind of say just screw it in regards to having no bounce. I'm not about to wear two bras, but that is just me.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know the size 3 fits a bust of 41-45" and a rib cage of 35 to 37". Hope this helps.