NSV: 30 Day Progress Pics!

Options
Just for some background. I initially lost 14 lbs through diet and cardio (Insanity to be more specific) within a span of about 6-8 months. I completed the Insanity program twice but found myself plateauing and grew somewhat bored with the workout, so I decided to switch it up and start weight training coupled with some HIIT. I took a break for about 1 month before starting the weight training regimen.

During Insanity my caloric goal was 1200. Since starting Starting Strength I've upped it to 1400 cals/day. I've only lost 4 lbs since starting "Starting Strength" but have had pretty good results regardless.

I'm currently doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength before attempting some sort of hypertrophy program (i.e. Baby Got Back routine or Stronglifts). I wanted to focus on strength building before trying a more advanced routine.

These are my progress pics only comparing my weight lifting progress. These pics are taken from day 1 to day 30 of Starting Strength.

574488_3354554216123_1036950015_3016582_1640974820_n.jpg
Day 1: 134 lbs Day 30: 130

I'm happy to see my pouch shrink a bit, even though it's only a 4 lb. difference! I LOVE weight training! :D

Replies

• tdspears
    tdspears Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    That is a huge difference in one month! And like you said, it goes to show you how beneficial weight training is.

Congrats!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! looks great -- love weight training
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    That is an amazing difference! Your thighs and stomach I particular look fantastic :) you should be so proud! Keep up the good work!
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :D I'm so glad I decided to lift heavy. :P It's made a great difference!

dg09: i was actually pretty surprised to see that much of a difference in only a month with only a 4 lb. difference!!! i was pretty excited when i saw the pictures side by side! :P
  • HausOfTina
    Options
    That is a huge difference! WOW Great job :)
  • sheniqueb
    Options
    Wow...great job!!! I can definitely see the difference! Lifting definitely does make a difference.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow, 1400 calories are low. Have you calculated your BMR and your TDEE? When lifting you have to eat enough nutrients to feed your muscles. I am 5' 7.75", 41 and I eat 1900 which is tdee -15% daily and make sure to alway net my BMR and I have lost tremendous amounts of fat. I go hard in the gym and lift heavy as well.

I started a group because we just slow down our metabolism eating 1600 and less for most people. The group is nearly 2 months old and has grown to over 1300 people...people that were sick of starving.

You would be amazed at your strength gains if you increase your intake...and the fat loss will be substantial as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • changingdaily
    Options
    That is awesome you can see a difference everywhere, I cant wait to have pics like this! You go girl! OH AND i LOVE THE PINK ;)
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, 1400 calories are low. Have you calculated your BMR and your TDEE? When lifting you have to eat enough nutrients to feed your muscles. I am 5' 7.75", 41 and I eat 1900 which is tdee -15% daily and make sure to alway net my BMR and I have lost tremendous amounts of fat. I go hard in the gym and lift heavy as well.

I started a group because we just slow down our metabolism eating 1600 and less for most people. The group is nearly 2 months old and has grown to over 1300 people...people that were sick of starving.

You would be amazed at your strength gains if you increase your intake...and the fat loss will be substantial as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Hello! :) I have indeed calculated both. My BMR is about 1370 and my TDEE is about 1700 - 1800 depending on the calculation/calculator.

So for now I've been eating slightly above my BMR. I plan to gradually keep increasing my caloric intake gauging it with how my strength training goes (if my gains stall or not) also by if i'm hungry or not (which i'm usually not. if i am, i'll eat more and go over my alotted cals). I definitely plan on increasing my calories because I know it's important to supply the muscle growth and processes that occur to aid them, but I've been doing so slowly. :) I really do appreciate your suggestions though and will definitely check out the group and reading material! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!