quick fixes

Options
Hey all!!!

I'm trying to stick to my diet, but I'm finding it hard after i started a new job, there is very little time for me to eat.

So here's what i need from you lovely people, any quick fixes that are healthy, things that are good in lunch boxes, but are still filling and will get me through the day.

Thank you in advance!!!!

S x

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favourite dine & dash foods is trail mix. It's quick, will fill you up and (as long as it's the version without the M&Ms) is good for you. Add a piece of fruit and you've got a lunch that'll keep you going through the afternoon.
  • skinny91bum
    Options
    I really crave bread and wraps, but when ever i eat them i see how bad it looks and my food diary :noway:
  • maruxf
    maruxf Posts: 39
    Options
    That sounded like my problem...I would grab a sandwich or a wrap with the chips and the soda...IT was convenient but so bad for me.

Now I take 2-3 hours every sunday and cook 2 big batches of soup and two food that can be frozen. This week I have Tortilla-less tortilla soup, pea and ham soup, lamb chops in tomato sauce and wild rice, and a chicken tomatillo casserole.

I also make a double batch of protein waffles and freeze them, as well as some breakfast veggie-muffins.

That provides me with 20-30 portions of meals that are between 250-350 calories each. My freezer is insane-looking but that means that I have ALL my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for the week at the ready. I don't cook at all during the week! I just defrost and nuke/toast a meal and I'm done.

For snack, I pop popcorn in a brown bag and store it already divided in individual baggies. Justin's Almond Butter comes in individual snack packs that are convenient and super awesome on apples, peaches, bananas,...pretty much on anything. I just buy the tub (it's cheaper). I always have a 2-3 pieces of fruit in my lunch bag. And a treat...today I have 1/2 cup of vanilla whey protein-Strawberry fluff (Found the recipe in Oxygen magazine....nom nom).

I've also realized that I've been saving a ton of money doing this. I can basically cook for a whole 7-days using all fresh, clean ingredients for the amount of money I would spend buying crappy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks at work.

I know it's not necessarily quick or easy (cooking 6 meals at the same time is nuts) but it is an investment of time that pays off in pounds, freeing time for exercise (and napping, and reading, and putzing around), and puts $$$$ in my pocket.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken or tuna on bread, almonds or peanut butter, cottage cheese with fruit and splenda, homemade protein bars,

Just remember, protein and fats will keep you feeling full longer than carbohydrates.