6 Months on MFP – Good Progress (with pics) :)

Options
Ant_M76
Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
Hello

So, I originally signed up for MFP in August 2011 but only lasted a couple of weeks before I stopped logging. I decided to start a fresh slate on Wednesday 25th October 2011 and Today is my 6 month anniversary of logging every day! :drinker:

I had tried many times in the past to lose weight but it had always been relatively unsuccessful and always slid into old (bad) eating habits. For some reason I ‘just knew’ that this time would be different and that I would succeed. I think that being positive about it and of course having daily accountability (thanks to MFP), have been the keys to my success, so far.

I was pretty big 6 months ago, at approx 298lbs (135.5Kg) and have lost 102lbs in the six months I have been on here. I realise some people will say that I lost too quickly but I feel good and am lot more energised than before. I am still around 18 lbs from theoretical target but I will make a decision when to switch to maintenance, closer to the time. I can hopefully do this mid-summer. I went from XXL (sometimes XXXL) generic top size to a L, lost 10 inches off my chest, 8 off my waist and 3 off my neck.

My cardio fitness was actually not bad for my size, at the beginning. I do a lot of cycling (anything from 100 – 200 miles per week) and had been riding regularly for over 3 years, when I began on MFP. I decided to join a local gym and started doing weights 3 days per week to help me keep as much muscle mass as possible, while I am in a calorie deficit and losing weight. I also started going to spinning classes around 3 days per week and this has helped my cycling a lot, plus it burns a whole load of calories! I am now addicted to spin and would encourage anybody to try it – such fun and so good for you :D

Thanks to all my MFP friends who have been a great source of motivation and encouragement for me, in these past months. My advice is simple… be as active as you possibly can be. Push yourself every day and always be honest about what you have consumed. Log all things, even if they are bad and take you way over and into the red. In the long term, providing you stick to your plan, you will all reach your targets. I include myself in this, as I realise I am still not where I want to be, yet.

Cheers!

Right, they say a picture speaks a thousand words, so here are the piccies (excuse the bad quality)…

BEFORE (this was taken in June 2011)
35jaro3.jpg

BEFORE (this was taken in June 2011)
2nlqn0h.jpg

NOW (taken Today)
ehbtdg.jpg

NOW (taken Today)
sphjth.jpg

Not the greatest quality of pics, I admit but you get the idea. I will update this thread when I get more suitable ones and again when I hit targe. Work hard folks and you can get there! :happy:

Replies

• clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!! Great job! Such an inspiration!!
  • cheewathen
    Options
    Fantastic job! What a difference 6 months can make.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!!! Your hard work has definitely paid off!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    Dude! That is awesome!!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great work!! very inspiring!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    wow! keep it up you are doing great!
  • stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all.

Keep up the great work.
  • mstarrv
    mstarrv Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way To GO!!!! Great Job!!
  • mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well done sir...
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Incredible diffence!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    OMG! Duckman, I see your calorie burns every day and they blow me away, but seeing the results is amazing!

th_jawdrop.gif

Well done!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Such great inspiration! You should be very proud of yourself for the hard work you've put in.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look 30 years younger. Just amazing! I can see that you lost it the right way because you look so healthy. Just BRILLIANT!!! Thank you so much for sharing your progress.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just amazing, you are one of my most inspirational MFPs!!
  • shandirae
    shandirae Posts: 15
    Options
    You look so great! I think men just lose weight faster sometimes, lucky you!
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    GO DUCK! AWESOME!
  • myCharlieRose
    Options
    You are truly amazing & it is not because of the amount of weight you have lost :) but because of the motivation you carry and endurance in your heart and mind to reach your goal.
    Truly Amazing!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WOW... you are doing an amazing job!!!
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. Just proves that hard work pays off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!