food grade hydrogen peroxide

Options
My friend suggested I try food grade hydrogen peroxide in my daily routine. Has anyone else done this and if so, what did it help/hurt you with? I have it and am going to start it today but I was just wondering what others used it for and if it worked for them as well...

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want to ingest it? I had to feed it to my dog in the past to induce vomiting. I can't imagine anyone wanting the same effect. I am assuming I am missing something here...
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    and what do you mix yours with?
  • curvykim78
    Options
    There's websites that tell you how increasing the oxygen in your body will help cure/rid certain issues such as allergies, headaches, etc. My friend has taken it and both of her medical issues are gone.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No offense but there are websites that tell you the world is ruled by lizard people.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Why on Earth would you do this? It seems strange!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    No offense but there are websites that tell you the world is ruled by lizard people.
    And they are so wrong, the flying spaghetti monster is the way to go.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yes, but both the lizard people and the flying spaghetti monster use hydrogen peroxide. So there.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    So anyways....others have done it and are claiming it helped with medical issues they were having. I wasn't asking for rude or smart comments, keep those to yourself. I was asking who else has tried this before and if it worked for them.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So anyways....others have done it and are claiming it helped with medical issues they were having. I wasn't asking for rude or smart comments, keep those to yourself. I was asking who else has tried this before and if it worked for them.

Sorry, just trying to bump up your thread so more people would see so we can see if you'll get any relevant/interesting/fun answers. I promise I won't be bumping it again.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

How is it supposed to help or what is it that it does?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You might like to read the material data sheet www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9924299

Hydrogen peroxide has the potential to solve all your medical issues through the mechanism of death.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Raising the oxygen levels in your blood through ingesting hydrogen peroxide? Not very likely. But if you just want to raise the oxygen level in your blood: http://www.livestrong.com/article/110669-natural-raise-oxygen-level-blood/
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    #1 answer? exercise
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    And they are so wrong, the flying spaghetti monster is the way to go.

Haha. I still giggle every time I read flying spaghetti monster.
  • curvykim78
    Options

It is supposed to bump up the oxygen levels inside of your body. This in turn kills off the bad bacterias, cells, and diseases because they can not survive when lots of oxygen is present inside.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    You might like to read the material data sheet www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9924299

Hydrogen peroxide has the potential to solve all your medical issues through the mechanism of death.

Only if you use it incorrectly!~ :0
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have only used hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting in my dog as well and as a person with extensive medical training...I had never heard of this...SO...had to look it up.

http://educate-yourself.org/cancer/benefitsofhydrogenperozide17jul03.shtml

interesting...

That being said, I still wouldn't do it. Too many things could go wrong.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

It is supposed to bump up the oxygen levels inside of your body. This in turn kills off the bad bacterias, cells, and diseases because they can not survive when lots of oxygen is present inside.

I'd sure like to see the clinical trials that support those assertions. There's an awful lot of pseudo-scientific claims made about a lot of products with absolutely no proof of their efficacy or safety.

On the other hand, there's a reason we take anti-oxidants to maintain good health. Free radicals are believed to be formed when certain molecules interact with oxygen which suggests that the theory underlying the use of H202 as a supplement to be unscientific.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/prevention/antioxidants

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/antioxidants.html
  • alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but on what planet does drinking bleach seem like something that would benefit your health? I mean seriously!

Sorry if that seems a little judgmental.

Actually who am I kidding. Worst idea ever!
  • curvykim78
    Options

I'd sure like to see the clinical trials that support those assertions. There's an awful lot of pseudo-scientific claims made about a lot of products with absolutely no proof of their efficacy or safety.

On the other hand, there's a reason we take anti-oxidants to maintain good health. Free radicals are believed to be formed when certain molecules interact with oxygen which suggests that the theory underlying the use of H202 as a supplement to be unscientific.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/prevention/antioxidants

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/antioxidants.html

I figured it can't hurt to try it. if it will make my daily headaches go away and ease up on my allergies, then it will be worth it to me. if it doesn't work, then I'll dump it down the drain.