Sports Bras for Busty Ladies

Options

Replies

• sheschemes
    Options
    Freya and Shockabsorber work for me. (I wear a 36H) These are pricy but good. Frey gives you better shape. Shock Absorber has very good support, crappy shape. Sources:
    Very.com
    Bare Necessities
    Figleaves.com

I have heard good things about Enell, but I have't tried it.

Very.com is super cheap, I got a Shock Absorber bra for $35. Last time I paid $50. I have paid around $40 on average. I think you need to replace the sports bras every 6-12 months depending on how many are in your rotation. I am getting around to replacing mine now, but have only been exercising very consistently for about 4 months. But I am replacing mostly for size, not wear and tear. I shrunk in the band a bit and they are loose.

This is spot on. The only thing I would add is that the crappy shape of Shock Absorber sports bras is from it smooshing you down quite a bit. Not sure about everyone, but it makes me spill over on the sides unless I go up one size. Also, it's not great for yoga.
  • KristineJ86
    Options
    The only thing that really helps me without having the girls bounce everywhere is a regular cotton bra with a good tight sports bra over. I wish I could do without the cotton bra, it can be uncomfortable but not as uncomfortable as the girls moving around during a work out. Good Luck, I hope you find one that works for you!
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Juno bra from movingcomfort.com. I got it on sale for 31 dollars, and I LOVE IT! It's no underwire, it doesn't stink after a heavy workout, comfortable, and the straps adjust in the front with sturdy velcro. My only dislike is that it's a clasped racer back, so it's kind of hard to put on at first and hard to get off, but man does it hold the girls in. I'm a 38 DD, and it's definitely awesome.
  • KiniWoman
    KiniWoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had an Enell and absolutely LOVED it!! They are quite pricey and totally worth it... Just make sure someone doesn't "help" with the laundry and put it through the dryer (mine MELTED)! ;)
  • malevolentlizard
    Options
    would anyone know of where you can buy the bra's offline?! 40dd here
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey Chica! JcPenney's actually has a good selection for about $30! Check them out!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    thank you for this topic! i am excited to go buy a good bra now:)
  • AlcN1derlnd
    AlcN1derlnd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Enell is a a wonderful bra. My husband calls it my tank bra.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm using the Juno bra from movingcomfort.com. I got it on sale for 31 dollars, and I LOVE IT! It's no underwire, it doesn't stink after a heavy workout, comfortable, and the straps adjust in the front with sturdy velcro. My only dislike is that it's a clasped racer back, so it's kind of hard to put on at first and hard to get off, but man does it hold the girls in. I'm a 38 DD, and it's definitely awesome.

I use the Fiona Bra by Moving Comfort - awesome, the first time I haven't had to wear 2 bras to run!!! Wash well, wear well, and not so much the "tube 'o boob" feeling with it on - you actually have some shape! lol

Good luck!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my Nike sports bras!!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Freya and Shockabsorber work for me. (I wear a 36H) These are pricy but good. Frey gives you better shape. Shock Absorber has very good support, crappy shape. Sources:
    Very.com
    Bare Necessities
    Figleaves.com

I have heard good things about Enell, but I have't tried it.

Very.com is super cheap, I got a Shock Absorber bra for $35. Last time I paid $50. I have paid around $40 on average. I think you need to replace the sports bras every 6-12 months depending on how many are in your rotation. I am getting around to replacing mine now, but have only been exercising very consistently for about 4 months. But I am replacing mostly for size, not wear and tear. I shrunk in the band a bit and they are loose.

This is spot on. The only thing I would add is that the crappy shape of Shock Absorber sports bras is from it smooshing you down quite a bit. Not sure about everyone, but it makes me spill over on the sides unless I go up one size. Also, it's not great for yoga.

shock absorbers also do encapsulation style sports bras. I have one of these and its the best thing i have ever bought. I get no movement whatsoever and it is so comfy. http://www.sheactive.co.uk/catalogue/9128-2825/shock-absorber-b5044-run-sports-bra-coral-charbon.html
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    would anyone know of where you can buy the bra's offline?! 40dd here

Most running stores would (should?) stock them... but will be more pricey than finding them online I think
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    To help with the enell sizing - I'm a 36 DDD, and I use the size 1. I tried the size they recommended, but still had way too much bounce. So I returned it for the next size down. It completely controls the bouncing, however I do have the uniboob going on. It's like putting on armor, with all those hooks and eyes, but totally worth it in the control department. I ONLY use this bra.

I have 5 of them, ranging between 5 and 7 years old. Every last one is still as supportive as the first day I wore them!

Edit - If only I could find an every day bra that's as wonderful as my sports bras!
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm so glad to find this thread and the information provided. I'm so tired of feeling like I'm going to come out of my sports bra or bruise my chin :noway: ! (especially on my boot camp days when i'm bouncing in front of the men.......nice)!
  • GSCPostBaby
    GSCPostBaby Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32-34 DD-F depending on the brand and as a busty girl who's tried them all, I say without a doubt the Moving Comfort Maia. You can get it through Amazon wicked cheap and their size range is unbelievable. You can also return through amazon to find your correct size. I ordered a few and returned the ones that didn't fit right. It lifts and separates better than any other sports bra I've ever worn. Yes, I said SEPARATES. I am a horse trainer and this bra is great for even that kind of intense impact work.

Here's a link . . . .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V22TH6/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
  • Emilyc84
    Emilyc84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A radio show in Ireland tested a few sports bras for busty women and Panache came out on top ahead of the Enell bra which they had championed previously, they got volunteers to run a 5k and review all the bras afterwards :smile:
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay, how many guys clicked this thread?
  • topbombin
    topbombin Posts: 33
    Options
    Shock absorber for me - they go from A cup to HH!!!!!

Figleaves or amazon are reasonably priced i find £20+.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm a 32-34 DD-F depending on the brand and as a busty girl who's tried them all, I say without a doubt the Moving Comfort Maia. You can get it through Amazon wicked cheap and their size range is unbelievable. You can also return through amazon to find your correct size. I ordered a few and returned the ones that didn't fit right. It lifts and separates better than any other sports bra I've ever worn. Yes, I said SEPARATES. I am a horse trainer and this bra is great for even that kind of intense impact work.

Here's a link . . . .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V22TH6/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

S..E..P..A..R..A...T..E..S? *thud* That's awesome!! :drinker:
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I have given up finding a new sports bra but I want a new one so bad!

Regular bras never seem to be comfortable enough and I wear my sports bra every day at the gym and when working out. Before that I wore it pretty regular anyway because it held the girls in and was so comfortable.