yummy and nutritious protein/meal replacement shake?

Options

Replies

• laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels Triple Chocolate Protein Powder and blend it with a cup of milk a couple ice cubes and half a frozen banana. Sometimes I also add a Tbsp of Peanut Butter. Yummy!
  • keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi all the way!! Very yummy too!!

http://www.fitnessbypaula.com/bodybyvi.php
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Herbalife here too.:drinker:
    I second that! :drinker:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use EAS whey protein :) I mix mine with water after workout but for a good bfast

I used to do :
    Whey - one scoop (vanilla)
    Throw in some ice
    Blueberries and/or strawberries
    Like 2-4oz of Trop50 OJ for smoothness

Blend IT! mmmmmmm mmmmmm -- good for this warm weather. Like a smoothie so it takes a while to drink too :)
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://www.permalean.com/

I've tried every protein shake in the book and I always go back to this one. I like chocolate the best but all the flavors are good. If you order in bulk you can get a discount. I know they used to sell this in certain Whole Foods stores too but I've always ordered it online.
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Labrada Lean Body!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You can make your own that are so much cheaper in the long run.
    I shop the sales and a little over a month ago, Walgreens had the giant containers of whey powder buy one, get one half off. So that was $30 for 2 giant containers of protein powder.
    I take 1/4 c. of the whey powder, 1/4 c. of dried milk and 1 or 2 T of dark chocolate cocoa powder, and 2 c. water. You have a really delicious chocolatey protein shake. I drink them for breakfast. Altogether, it's only about 170 calories, nearly 25 grams of protein, around 5 grams of fiber and only like 15 carbs (only like 10 net carbs because there is so much fiber.)
    And when you're talking price, you're paying less than a dollar per shake... probably less than 50-75 cents a shake. Most premade protein shakes are at least $2 a serving.

Making your own means you know what is in it and no preservatives or chemicals.

That too. I see a lot of the "low carb" or "low sugar" have a lot of chemicals in them. And the ones that are the "full flavor" tend to have ridiculous amounts of sugar.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Aria - Chocolate Women's Protein Powder, 2 scoops 80 4 1 14 110 80
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Almond Milk - Vanilla Unsweetened 40cal, 0.25 cup 80z 240ml 10 1 1 0 45 48
    Sometimes 1/2 banana or blueberries
    Ice
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    wonderslim pudding shakes

they are so good. omg. u cannot taste any protein and it tastes like pudding.

dietdirect.com

cocomint is the best flavor so far.....lol thats the only one ive tried.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Atkins shakes are great, and are not packed full of carbs, like a lot of other ones. I did a shake for breakfast and lunch and lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I of course had a low carb, nutritious dinner.
  • illtemperedsebas
    Options
    Try any of the "weight Gainers" . If you look at the protein/carb/fat ratio's they right in line with any slimfast, etc. meal replacemnets, only the serving size is 4 times the size. Use one scoop insatead of 4 and it lasts a long time.Most of them taste pretty good too!
  • Skinnydee71
    Options
    Does this one you get at Sams club have low sugars and carbs I need one with high protien.
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I second making your own if you are looking at cost. You can find some cage free powdered egg whites for very reasonable online, as well as like a "green mix" with lots of nutritious greens, then add it some almond milk and fruit, maybe a carrot or some spinach and you have one healthy shake without lots of artificial sweetners.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    wonderslim pudding shakes

they are so good. omg. u cannot taste any protein and it tastes like pudding.

dietdirect.com

cocomint is the best flavor so far.....lol thats the only one ive tried.

Sometimes when I get the jones for a milkshake, I make my normal protein shake, but I will add a sugar free pudding up to it, a little bit of ice and stick it in the blender. Ohhh man. Tastes like a real milkshake.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion shakes are quite delicious. Google it for good pricing.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    DW & I used to use Herbalife shakes, but they are a bit higher in sugar than we liked, plus they are more like a protein blend and we couldn't find out if the soy bits were non-GMO. So we moved to Whole Nectar protein powder ( http://www.wholenectar.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1 )which is really low in sugar and is made from non-GMO soy. It is a really good powder.

However, we have recently discovered that we don't always need the protein powder. This is the shake we made yesterday:

Shake.jpg

Then today's was a Kale Base with Blueberries, Pineapple, Apples and Papaya.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I like Boost High Protein shakes in vanilla and chocolate. I got them a few weeks ago at Target for my friend when she broke her jaw, but I tasted them both and got hooked!
  • cynthiamargaret
    Options
    I use 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/3 cup of oatmeal mix with water and ice in a blender.
    This keeps me full for hours and has around 325 calories.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Any combination of whey + carbs (and fat, if you like), will do.

Examples:
    * 1 scoop whey + 1 cup milk
    * 1 scoop whey + 1/2 banana + water + ice
    * 1 scoop whey + 1 cup milk + 1/2 banana + 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
    * 1 scoop whey + 1/2 cup oats + water + ice

etc, etc, etc, I think you get the idea :)