New on here

Options
Hi, I'm new on here, trying to get into a new healthy lifestyle and get this weight off once and for all. I've struggled with my weight all m life but since i had my long awaited for son, Ben, it's been more of a struggle. Gestational diabetes didn't help, piled 4 stone on during my pregnancy and was already 3 stone overweight when i fell, so as you can see, i've a mountain to climb. My son is my biggest inspiration for doing this. I want to be able to play football with him and chase him around the garden. The last thing i want is to be the fat mum when he starts school in 3 years.

Replies

• RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

You will find a wealth of knowledge and information here. There are many people the will provide positive feedback and encourage you to do your best. Good Luck !!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I have been here since 2008 lost gained and lost again... I am a mother of two boys that keep me crazy lol.... Good luck in your journey and hope to see you around :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want. I am newish as well and have loved all the wonderful, supportive friends I have made. :)
  • brow2294
    brow2294 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi :) I am also fairly new on here, and can use all the help and support I can get! Losing the weight is about getting healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle- so important!

Good luck to all on their journeys!

-Molly
  • teresaturnbull1976
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i'm really motivated just now, but i know what i'm like, so hopefully when i'm hitting the wall your words will help. I've even got my fiance on this, lol x
  • trinawynne75052
    Options
    Whatever you set your mind to do, just believe. You can do this just have the confidence to do so. Even when you back slide and you will :)...know that it's not the end of the world, & start eating healthy with your next meal & not the next day.
    You will do well watch & see!!!!
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!

I also started here on the third of april this year. I love the support you receive here and it is fun to log your foods and exercise here in those diaries lol.

Thank you for your friendship my dear friend! I wish you luck in your goals!

Blessings, Sharmelle or Shar
  • hcorbin29
    hcorbin29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also relatively new here. I joined Jenny Craig about 3 weeks ago and am loving the results. Though I'm following their meal plans, I still am logging everything in here so it keeps me accountable. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you like!

Heather
  • goldenpawz99
    Options
    Hi There - nice to meet you!

I just started in the beginning of April. This site is great; so much info and many people to support you. Adding friends and getting feedback from them is really a great benefit too. It reminds you that you are not alone in this journey and that it's not just about "tracking" food & exercise, it has become much more than that.
    Best of luck to you; add me as a friend if you like; we can cheer each other on. :happy: