What SHOULD I be eating?

Options
For the past 2 years I have been trying to lose weight. I've tried lowering calories and exercising, highering calories and exercising, and nothing seems to help me get to a lower weight.

This may be due to the fact I have a healthy BMI and weigh a healthy 139 pounds.

I am completely clueless as to what I should include in my diet, and I've been told to eat so many different things to help my weightloss but it's just confusing.

What SHOULD my diet consist of?

The whole no carbs, more protein thing confuses me and I'm not sure I believe what I read most of the time!

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Are you only trying to lose 7 lbs like in your ticker? What are you eating? Try shifting your exercise and add some lifting.
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you only trying to lose 7 lbs like in your ticker?

Yes I want to lose 5-7 pounds and also tone up at the same time. It doesn't seem like a lot compared to some people on here, but it is A LOT for me to lose as I find it almost impossible to lose even 1 pound! Hence why I need diet advice as I am completely stuck!
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am no expert at this and have been at a plateau for weeks. But I have just increased my protein levels a bit and suddenly the scales started moving again this week. At the same time I stepped up the level of my resistance work out. I don't do anything massive, just an exercise programme using the wii. I'm not sure which one got me off the plateau, perhaps it was both the protein and exercise together.
    Sorry, that doesn't sound very helpful now ive read it, but I'm just trying to figure it out as well!