exercise at work?

Options
i work at a place where i am on my feet 8hrs a day and i only get a half hour break. anyone have some ideas on how i can get some exercise in during this time.

Replies

• pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It depends on the building you work in as to whether you can do this, but on my lunch hour I go up and down the stairs 5 times! :smile: There are 4 floors so thats 20 flights and the same down as well, it really takes it out of me! A few others do it as well, we have a little club going!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Well, what else do you do when you're at work? What's your job like and job description? If you have a car, park a block away and then walk to work, or bike if you can. If you take the bus, if it's not too far stop one stop early; as suggested above if doable take the stairs.

In your lunch hour, depending on where you work, use some things that are handy as weight such as books for example and do curls or shrugs, you could also just stretch your muscles, especially the legs seeing as you're on your feet all day
  • ladybrittain
    Options
    Hi, I walk around my parking lot 30 minutes in the morning before I start work and I walk 30 minutes on my lunch break. Once I started doing that I find that I can't stop now. It has really helped me to make sure that I get in my cardio if I miss it at home. I've really lost a lot of fat around my stomach doing it and I have other ladies that have started it too. Of course I'm always on MFP all day while I'm working so that keeps me motivated.
  • malevolentlizard
    Options
    i owrk in a high end jelwery store and only have a half hour break. i do take the bus and will stop a block ahead just to get out and move my legs a lil more also i do bike to work. just looking for something to do durig my break.
  • casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you could do some strength training....
    calf raises, wall sits (wall in break room?), lunges, squats
    bring some small weights into work to leave there and do some arms...
    not sure what your "break" room is like though...

will get your heart rate up. and you body will burn more calories through out the day with more muscles :)