I need help =[

Options
Hello everyone. I'm a 22 year old female who is 5'2" and usually weighs in around125. I know that that's not that bad, and I'm sure some people will say "I wish I was that light", but I'm not happy with my weight and I am REALLY not happy with my unhealthy habits.

Here are some things that are hindering me:
- My family has serious addiction problems. All my great grandparents used to be alcoholics, but then they found religion so they replaced alcohol with food. Now, my family is incredibly unhealthy. They eat unhealthy food compulsively and always tell me I am too skinny.
-I used to be about 20 pounds heavier when I was a preteen. I ate very unhealthily as a child, and my mother gave me a lot of ice cream and mac n cheese and those sorts of things.
- In high school, I developed an eating disorder and an obsession with exercise. I would be at the gym for at least two hours a day, at least five days a week, and I always wanted more.
- I overcame these things for a while, only to relapse. It got to the point where I was biking several miles to the gym to work out for a few hours and then biking to work. I was obsessed.
- When I was nineteen I had a traumatic experience which actually turned my life around for the better, and now I'm married and happier than I have ever been.
- When I lived in an apartment with my husband, I would take our puppy on at least three 20 minutes walks a day and lost ten pounds (while eating healthily). Now that we live in a house, I don't exercise that much and gained the ten pounds back.
- Because of this, I decided to take up jogging last Tuesday and jogged Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I weigh myself every Saturday, and realized I had gained four pounds. I figured it was water weight, but I weighed myself a couple days later and it was the same. It doesn't sound like a lot, but considering I only weigh 125 lbs. it feels like it is.

I know you are supposed to give it a few weeks, but I'm suddenly very discouraged. I've been eating very poorly (I didn't even go on MFP for a few days because I didn't want to admit what I had eaten) and I've just lost motivation. Couple that with the pressure of getting ready for bikini season (which is completely self-inflicted), and I'm just overwhelmed. My husband, who has the most incredibly metabolism, doesn't get it and thinks I look great, which is nice but not very helpful.

So basically... I need help. I need some positive encouragement and some more friends so that I can look at all of their healthy choices and be encouraged to be healthy too!

Replies

• gracey2521
    Options
    Sorry that was so long =[
  • gracey2521
    Options
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Add me for support and motivation if you like. you'll have to log in though (not log food, but log in)
  • gracey2521
    Options
    I do log in, even if I don't log my food =] Thanks!
  • laurenmtapp
    laurenmtapp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you know what you need to do it is just finding the motivation to do it. Maybe try and get a friend or coworker to start getting healthy with you! Find a class or activities that are fun for you or don't seem like such a chore. I know as soon as you drop those first couple lbs you will find your motivation it is just getting started that is hard. Don't think about how far you have to go just take it one day at a time! If I am in a slump I like to read fitness magazines or blogs to give me that extra boost to get to the gym! It motivates me to motivate other people so if you know someone who could use a boost-become her motivator! I made my journal on here public to hold me accountable for what I eat. Knowing that all my friends can see what I'm doing for exercise and diet really makes you think twice about what you are doing! Best of luck to you- don't get discouraged, you can do this! :)
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) As for you gaining a few pounds, for some reason if I do cardio I always gain weight at first. I've foiund that i lose weight easily if I add some strength training. That's what I'm working on now. Thankfully there are tons of people on here who are very supportive and eager to answer questions when you have problems. Best of luck!
  • emmaw1810
    emmaw1810 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey I have added you :)

I have trouble with food and exercise as well. I am 5'6 and weight 135lbs again like you to some people I am not fat but I am SO not happy about my body. I only want to lose 8lbs but I am finding it sooo hard so decided to join MFP so hopefully we can give each other motivation and healty food options! xxx
  • gracey2521
    Options
    Those are some really good ideas. I do try to tell myself "It's just one day, you'll do better tomorrow", but I think I get stuck in my head too much =/ I really like your idea about the fitness magazines though. Having one on my coffee table would definitely help me stay motivated!
  • gracey2521
    Options
    Hey I have added you :)

I have trouble with food and exercise as well. I am 5'6 and weight 135lbs again like you to some people I am not fat but I am SO not happy about my body. I only want to lose 8lbs but I am finding it sooo hard so decided to join MFP so hopefully we can give each other motivation and healty food options! xxx

I feel like the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is -_- I'm sure we can help each other out!
  • gracey2521
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) As for you gaining a few pounds, for some reason if I do cardio I always gain weight at first. I've foiund that i lose weight easily if I add some strength training. That's what I'm working on now. Thankfully there are tons of people on here who are very supportive and eager to answer questions when you have problems. Best of luck!

Really? I wonder why that happens. I'll add some weights to my next workout =]
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I just added you :)

I have a current goal of losing 50lbs so not exactly the same situation as you but support is support!

Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • gracey2521
    Options
    I just added you :)

I have a current goal of losing 50lbs so not exactly the same situation as you but support is support!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'll try not to be, I have always been my toughest critic =/ And thanks!