The 30 Day Shred???

Options
Hi All!

I just purchased The 30 Day Shred on Amazon for less than $10, including shipping, after hearing that everyone is having such great results. Now can someone explain to me how it works lol! All I know is I want to try something new and this seems to be the hot topic in exercise right now. Details please!

Replies

• Swizzle1986
    Options
    Its a 20 minute work out every day. You progress through level 1, 2 & 3. Its mostly strength training. I prefer mixing it with her Kickboxing DVD as its all cardio and super fun!

Good luck!!!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Some of us started this on April 16 and formed a group. Feel free to join :):flowerforyou:
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It works however you want it to.
    A lot of people do 30 days straight and a lot of people only do it 5 days a week, making it last a little more than 30 days.
    The idea is to spend 10 days on each level. The first 2-3 days of each level is killer then you get stronger in the moves and can handle more. I love the 30DS! It did amazing things for my body.
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    I think 30 DS is awsome! I am on level 2. The DVD is challenging to me, but I am seeing results quickly! It is 20 minutes (a little more with cool down). To me that is key because I can find that 20-30 minutes per day to do this. I do it in the mornings and feel good all day. Good luck to you! You will need some weights (I use 5lb, but struggle some. I should have bought 3lb) and a mat if you have a hard floor.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my last night, day 10 of level 3. Level 1 I did 5 days on, one day off, 5 days on, one day off...then started level 2. Level 2 was 3 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on, one day off, 4 days on, one day off...then to level 3. Level 3 was 3 days on, one day off, 4 days on, 3 days off. I haven't lost as many inches as a lot of people on here have, will do final measurements tomorrow, but I can definitely tell the difference in my clothes and feel good! I did walk 30-45 minutes everyday, too...including "rest" days.
    Good luck with it!
  • bubblez503
    Options
    Does anyone know how to log the 30 day shred in exercise? Thanks!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great replys. I'm more than excited to get started now! I really need to take some measurements to see if any numerical results happen.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Circuit Training
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    um, the first thing you do is prepare yourself for the whimpering and thumb-sucking that will occur post-day 1. (i keed... but not really)

day 4 complete here. you'll have aches that you'll think you need to rest to recover from. for me, i just pushed through. i don't know how i did but it happened. it literally felt like my legs were going to fall off... this is the easiest day so far. i look forward to tomorrow because i'm afraid jillian michaels will come through the tv and strangle me.

yes, i'm being dramatic.... however, the effects of the workout (which is easy to follow and, dare i say, fun to do) will have you s-o-r-e!

hands down, best $10 i've spent since the carnival when i bought that funnel cake and corndog, hehe.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of 30DS. I did 6 days on, 1 day off so it took me a little longer than 30 days. I wore a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned and created my own exercise called 30DS to log my exerecise. I HIGHLY recommend investing in a HRM with a chest strap. The MFP estimates can be way off when doing circuit training like this. MFP doesn't know if you're going balls to the wall for all 3 circuits or just phoning it in when you get to circuit 3 because you feel like you're gonna die.

If you stick to it, you'll see changes and quickly. Even if you have to do some of the low impact/easier moves. I have bad knees so some of the moves I just couldn't do the hard version. Anyway, here's a quick summary of my overall MFP totals vs. just the 30DS results: Since I joined MFP I've lost 22 lbs, 8.5 inches and my body fat has dropped 6.7%. While doing 30DS I only lost 3.5 lbs BUT I lost 5.5 inches and 5.1% of the body fat.

Make sure you take your measurements before you start and don't get frustrated if you don't see the number on the scale dropping like crazy. You will see the difference in your shape, how your clothes fit and with the tape measure. Good Luck!
  • zia130
    zia130 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I use my heart rate monitor to track calories burned and manually enter it in my exercises