Sweets

Options
zbmb30
zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
Does anyone have a suggestion when you have major sweet cravings? I had sipped on water, tried eating other things, but it has made me all crazy because it never went away. Thanks!

Replies

• SweetMelisa85
    SweetMelisa85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I chew gum! Or how about some jello?? Banana on a stick dip in chocolate then frozen....that sounds tasty!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I personally dropped sugars from my diet aside from the occasional raw fruit and now I don't have cravings anymore.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If the craving is that bad I allow it in my calories for the day and have a small portion of whatever I am craving. I refuse to deny myself.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fruit, that usually helps.
  • hatrammell
    Options
    When I am craving sweets and just have to have them, I try to look up lower sugar or lower calorie recipies online. I found a website called eatingbetteramerica.com or something like that (you can probably google it) and found some dessert recipies. Maybe you could eat a low-fat, low-calorie dessert and cut down on something else for the day? I wouldn't recommend it all of the time, but for days when you can't stop thinking about sweets, it may help. Good luck! =)
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Banana and pnbutter?

or maybe fat free jelly (jello for you fellow americans) :)
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I freeze Rowantrees jelly tablets and have a square. Freezing them toughens them up a bit which makes it last longer. Around 30 cals per square and so sweet you only need one :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    If the craving is that bad I allow it in my calories for the day and have a small portion of whatever I am craving. I refuse to deny myself.

Me too. I want to note, though, that the less I eat sweets, the less I find myself craving them.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eat a portioned ammount of sweets. I crave chocolate but if I don't eat it then I end up eating more to compensate. Get icecream bars from skinny cow or buy a chocolate bar and eat 1/2 serving of it. If you'll eat the entire thing, then find somebody to share it with (I give things to my brother)
    Make sure to count it!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Why not have a sweet within reason. 28 M&M's=100 calories skinny cow ice cream cup 150cal popsicle fudge bar 60 calories. If you deprive you will binge.
  • Gr8mudassir
    Options
    well! Many sweets are you caught for a support raising scheme for your approaching event? Yah, how about this. A packet full of sweets must available.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

THIS..i save myself MANY MANY MANY calories just eating whatever it is I truly want because i wind up caving anyway...usually AFTER consuming 100-200 cals of "healthy" foods.
  • happinessisthis
    Options
    I have horrible sugar cravings, and yes they do get better when I don't have as much. The longer I don't eat them the better it is. Hormones seem to be a real trigger - I make an ice cream out of:

1 cup greek 0% fat yogurt
    1 cup 1% part skim milk
    1\4 cup broken up walnuts
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1 tbsp pure vanilla (not artificial)
    2 small pkgs of stevia (natural plant sugar)
    1 scoop whey protein powder

Let it freeze, partially thaw and eat With the protein powder I can only eat half at a sitting because it is so filling. Rich, creamy and satisfying.

I also buy diabetic candy - no sugar, no fat, very low carbs

If you like chocolate (who doesn't) make a low fat brownie with applesauce to replace the butter\oil and use good dark cocoa and whole wheat flour. I have a this as well if you are interested - they are amazing and very fudgy.