Please Help!

Options
Hello all,

I been really serious about weight lost and been using this site for awhile now. .. I have not lost any weight and I also workout 5days a week. I do cardio 4 x a week, 2x weight lifting and 2x swimming. I have noticed some inch lost, but no weight lost. I would really like some feed back to see what I can do different so I see more results . Trying to lose 10 pounds before May 20th. Please help!,

Thanks .

Replies

• szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    Not sure if this will help or not, but I took a quick peek at your diary and it looks really great. I would suggest trying to move your protein and carb ratios around. Try getting about 40% of your calories from protein, 30% from Carbs and 30% from fats (especially since you have some weight training). Also, I would caution you about staring at the scale. It is a liar!!! Watch and track your measurements. It is a proven fact that one pound of muscle takes up less room than one pound of fat! So while they both weigh the same (a pound is a pound is a pound), muscle is smaller...which means you can potentially be burning off lots of fat, gaining lots of muscle and never have the scale move! Do not get discouraged by the scale! One more thing...get rid of your scale and get one of those fancy ones that actually measure your Body Fat Percentage etc. Then, don't look at your weight, look at your BMI! A true measure of all your hard work! Mine has gone from a 34% BMI (Obese class) to a 28% (high normal range), and I have not lost a pound in months. But I have dropped a couple of sizes of pants (from a 12 to a 8!!!) You can do this...you just have to remember what to focus on! Weight is not the focus! Size is!

Hope this helps!
    Keep strong.

"Just because you don't see results after a day or even a week, don't give up. You may not see changes, but every smart choice you make is affecting you in ways you'd never imagine!"
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I suspect you are not eating enough! At least, that's what it appears to be to me. Especially if you're eating well. Make sure you eat back a fair portion of those exercise calories every day! It can make a huge difference in your losses!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you only need to lose 10 lbs and are getting smaller without seeing a loss on the scale then you are doing great! The scale at this point is not necessarily the best way to measure success. But being smaller is really the whole point, isn't it?
  • Jessy1967
    Jessy1967 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody. I will keep trying and not step on the scale that much. Thanks again.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will help or not, but I took a quick peek at your diary and it looks really great. I would suggest trying to move your protein and carb ratios around. Try getting about 40% of your calories from protein, 30% from Carbs and 30% from fats (especially since you have some weight training). Also, I would caution you about staring at the scale. It is a liar!!! Watch and track your measurements. It is a proven fact that one pound of muscle takes up less room than one pound of fat! So while they both weigh the same (a pound is a pound is a pound), muscle is smaller...which means you can potentially be burning off lots of fat, gaining lots of muscle and never have the scale move! Do not get discouraged by the scale! One more thing...get rid of your scale and get one of those fancy ones that actually measure your Body Fat Percentage etc. Then, don't look at your weight, look at your BMI! A true measure of all your hard work! Mine has gone from a 34% BMI (Obese class) to a 28% (high normal range), and I have not lost a pound in months. But I have dropped a couple of sizes of pants (from a 12 to a 8!!!) You can do this...you just have to remember what to focus on! Weight is not the focus! Size is!

Hope this helps!
    Keep strong.

"Just because you don't see results after a day or even a week, don't give up. You may not see changes, but every smart choice you make is affecting you in ways you'd never imagine!"
    ^
    She is awesome! Listen to her!
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    dont worry so much about weight as inches!!!! remember you are gaining muscle but losing fat...inches are the key