Hello ladies!

Options
jvl1973
jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
Hello ladies! I am a 38 year old high school teacher who eats when stressed and bored. I never had a weight problem until I reached the age of 30. In my 20's I was a size 2/4 and weighed 130-135. Even after my first child I lost the weight quickly. After my second pregnancy (12 years ago) I started to realize that my metabolism completely changed. I finally had to really start to pay attention to what I ate. Being a wife, mother, teacher and taxi cab driver for my kids activities, our meals became quick, unhealthy meals (lots of fast food and eating out at restaurants). I have been a size 8 -12 the past 6 - 9 years. I lose weight then I gain weight. My weight gain always occurs during the fall and winter months. Then I lose during the spring and summer. I need to lose weight and keep it off permanently! I have been on every diet (weight watchers, dukan diet and even took HCG (non hormone) drops). I did the drops because I thought it would be a quick fix. I realized it was a complete waste of money and there is no quick fix. Now I am doing it the old fashion way. I am watching my calorie intake and watching my portion control. I eat around 1200 calories (when not exercising) and increase imy calories when I exercise. Recently, I had to stop all exercising because I was put in a walking cast/boot because of a stress fracture in my metatarsal (foot) and I also suffer in the same foot plantar fasciitis and a heel spur (probably because of the extra weight I carry). I had to wear the walking boot for 5 weeks and I just got it off this week. I am back to exercising, but can't run for at least another 2 weeks. I love running and completed my first 5k three years ago. I never was a runner until I was introduced to the program Couch to 5k. I highly recommend. It is a 8-9 week program and it really works. I never thought I could complete a 5k. I hope once my foot heals that I can get back into running and complete a half marathon. That's my story. I am a yo-yo dieter and my weight goes up and down. My goal is to get it off permanently and make a lifestyle change.

Here are my current stats:

Feb. 21, 2012: 200 lbs
April 17, 2012: 182 lbs

Replies

• jvl1973
    jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BTW - I am 5'9" and would like to get to 150lbs
  • Beccaxx
    Beccaxx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well Hello,
    Would love to be ur MFP Friend & i hope i can give you plenty of support on your way to your goal! and of course visa versa x
    Friend request sent,
    Becca xx
  • OmegaSkye
    OmegaSkye Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! :D I hope you achieve your goals!

My mom lost a lot of weight when she was in her 30s by subbing salads into her dinners and doing 30 minutes of calisthenics a day. She'd make a side dish for me, my sister, and my dad and then would just have a small portion of an entree with a nice tasty salad. She was around my weight when she started (170) and got down to 115 after about a year and a half. We're both 5'1''. She's since gained about 10 pounds since quitting smoking, but aside from that her salad eating has kept it off these past 20 years.

So I don't know if you like the green stuff, but if you're looking for a quick, easy substitute for fattening side dishes, I can vouch for those salads. :3
  • dmwiseman
    dmwiseman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would love to offer support and receive support. I am 55 (56 this Sat.) I also teach High School and eat when stressed. I too am suddenly in the clutches of age related metabolism drop. I am currently 142 but only 5' 2" so I can relate to everything you say. I am sending a friend request. Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • nanapapaof5
    nanapapaof5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater and didn't know it till I start MFP. Its the best thing I have found. I've been doing MFP for over 225 days and I have lose 47 lbs. I've had both knees replaced so know running or jogging. So I have to do other exercises. I went from do nothing to 45mins to an hour everyday. And I fill better then I have for years. Fill free to add me. How love to be here to help. The friends that I have a the best. Good luck.
  • boobie21
    boobie21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat when I'm stressed as well. I'm a college student and I have little to no time for exercise, let alone eating right. I gained 25 lbs in a little over a year!!! I so need the help and motivation. The wait gain effected my self esteem. I'm hoping to gain some support and seeing some results!! I'm hoping to loose about 20 lbs. I'm 5'5" and 152 lbs