Anyone get rid of a panniculus?

Options
This is a very embarrassing and sensitive topic for me but I have had a fairly severe panniculus since I was in my tweens... I have never been able to get rid of it and have been told that I will most likely have to have surgery to remove the extra skin. I have yoyo'ed in my weight heavily my whole life and now with having two children it's sagging even lower!

It's freakin NASTY and basically cringe when my husband even catches a glimpse of me hopping out of the shower. So my question is this... basically I feel like I am wearing a saggy skin suit over my regular body. Has anyone ever gotten rid of a severe panniculus without surgery?

Oh, and I know the obligatory... no spot weight loss, cardio gets rid of fat, build muscle at the same time etc etc... I know how to get rid of the fat... I'm wondering about the specific experiences of others here...

Replies

• WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a huge panniculus as well... hangs nearly down to my knees and has been getting worse with my 241-pound weight loss because the skin just hangs there now. I don't think there is a way to totally get rid of it without surgery if it's large... you can't tighten skin that's that saggy. I can't wait until the day I can get mine removed! My doctor says at 250 pounds I can go see a surgeon... 38 pounds left!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You will be there very soon! I'm excited for you... I have looked into my insurance coverage and it could possibly be covered but I dont want to jump the gun. But you are right.... it does just look like a deflated balloon and does just seem to get worse :(
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im afraid for me I will probably wind up needing surgery. Between being over 200lb since I was 16 (12 years) and having 2 c sections, odds aren't good of mine going away on its own LOL. Good luck working on it though, I hope we both can have some progress down the road :flowerforyou: