1 Year MFP'versary - Progress (with pics)

Options
I said when I joined last year that I was going to make my 1 year my first blog post (just did it), and I was going to post on Success Stories. In my fantasy, the banner was going to be 100lbs gone! with pics!!! But reality is that I didn't make 100lbs in one year. I got to 45. But that's not close to the whole picture of what I've accomplished this year.

For the first time since 1996, I've lost weight. I had to pause and think about that - I can't even do the math - that's how long ago that was. And I gained it back, plus. Over and over. The longest I had ever stuck to a 'diet' was 9 days since then. Until now. I've changed everything about how I am with my relationship with food. I no longer binge eat. I no longer eat fast food (because I can't, not because I don't think there are options available), I no longer eat a truckload of sugar every day. I no longer drink soda - I'm one of those weird people who thinks artificial sweeteners taste like plastic, and I refused to ever eat them - so I was a fully leaded soda drinker.

I haven't had a soda since April of 2011.

I went organic. I found out in January of this year that I have, depending on who you talk to and which blood test I've taken that day, Celiac disease. Or I'm just grain intolerant. Like I said - conflicting blood test results. The overall result was the same - I can't eat oats, rye, wheat, or corn containing items without having a reaction of some kind. So I went grain free. That was fun.

And here are the pictures:
December 2010, bursting out of a size 24 jean (literally, there's no button on those pants), and a size 22/24 top:

DSC03935.jpg

DSC04052-1.jpg

And this morning, in my newly purchased size 14/16 top (not ready for public consumption yet...oy my belly!) and 16 bottoms:

DSC05332.jpg

DSC05336.jpg

I've dropped my overall inches by 30.5"; 45 lbs, from size 24 to 16, and body fat by 13.8%. I'm about 1/2 way to my goal.

Replies

• BellaBlues1
    Options
    You look awesome! You should be soooo proud of yourself! Nice job! :)
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

That's great that you're making whole life changes and feeling better. It shows. You look great, so happy!

Congrats!
  • Dtregle
    Dtregle Posts: 12
    Options
    good job!!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    you look amazing !!!!!! happy 1 year anniversary :)
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, what difference! Well done and good luck on the next part of your journey!
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, big congrats to you!
  • Bjwurtz1128
    Options
    CONGRATS !!!! ..... ( gave me just the boost i needed... THANK YOU !! )
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! Awesome job!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!! You have done such a great job in this past year. No matter where you think you should be, think about where you were a year ago and KNOW that you have made a great change in your life, a change that enhances your life! Healthy weight loss for life is better than quick weight loss for a minute that can do serious damage to your health. :) Keep it up in the next year!
  • Msfunfun
    Msfunfun Posts: 1
    Options
    EXCELLENT JOB! Keep it up. Do you want to be friends?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!!
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!Great pics thanks for sharing :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You've made such a huge difference! I just passed a year too! Great job!!!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You look fantastic and should be so proud!! I too thought I would have the100 pound banner by 1 year,,which is next month...but I made it half that...keep on plugging away!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :happy:
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow that is perseverance. You have done very well. I also think that artificial sweeteners taste like plastics.
    You look amazing, keep it up.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great progress and very inspirational!
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! And this is my first post supporting my dear friend who looks amazing. Proud and very happy for you!! My hero ;)
  • tcg21
    tcg21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! it gives me hope, thank you.
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job and 45 lbs is quite an accomplishment !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!