Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1 Year MFP'versary - Progress (with pics)

I said when I joined last year that I was going to make my 1 year my first blog post (just did it), and I was going to post on Success Stories. In my fantasy, the banner was going to be 100lbs gone! with pics!!! But reality is that I didn't make 100lbs in one year. I got to 45. But that's not close to the whole picture of what I've accomplished this year.

For the first time since 1996, I've lost weight. I had to pause and think about that - I can't even do the math - that's how long ago that was. And I gained it back, plus. Over and over. The longest I had ever stuck to a 'diet' was 9 days since then. Until now. I've changed everything about how I am with my relationship with food. I no longer binge eat. I no longer eat fast food (because I can't, not because I don't think there are options available), I no longer eat a truckload of sugar every day. I no longer drink soda - I'm one of those weird people who thinks artificial sweeteners taste like plastic, and I refused to ever eat them - so I was a fully leaded soda drinker.

I haven't had a soda since April of 2011.

I went organic. I found out in January of this year that I have, depending on who you talk to and which blood test I've taken that day, Celiac disease. Or I'm just grain intolerant. Like I said - conflicting blood test results. The overall result was the same - I can't eat oats, rye, wheat, or corn containing items without having a reaction of some kind. So I went grain free. That was fun.

And here are the pictures:
December 2010, bursting out of a size 24 jean (literally, there's no button on those pants), and a size 22/24 top:

DSC03935.jpg

DSC04052-1.jpg

And this morning, in my newly purchased size 14/16 top (not ready for public consumption yet...oy my belly!) and 16 bottoms:

DSC05332.jpg

DSC05336.jpg

I've dropped my overall inches by 30.5"; 45 lbs, from size 24 to 16, and body fat by 13.8%. I'm about 1/2 way to my goal.

Replies

• You look awesome! You should be soooo proud of yourself! Nice job! :)
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Way to go!

That's great that you're making whole life changes and feeling better. It shows. You look great, so happy!

Congrats!
  • Dtregle
    Dtregle Posts: 12
    good job!!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    you look amazing !!!!!! happy 1 year anniversary :)
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Wow, what difference! Well done and good luck on the next part of your journey!
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Awesome job, big congrats to you!
  • CONGRATS !!!! ..... ( gave me just the boost i needed... THANK YOU !! )
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Beautiful!! Awesome job!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    You are AMAZING!!! You have done such a great job in this past year. No matter where you think you should be, think about where you were a year ago and KNOW that you have made a great change in your life, a change that enhances your life! Healthy weight loss for life is better than quick weight loss for a minute that can do serious damage to your health. :) Keep it up in the next year!
  • Msfunfun
    Msfunfun Posts: 1
    EXCELLENT JOB! Keep it up. Do you want to be friends?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    WOW you look amazing!!
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Nice!!!Great pics thanks for sharing :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    You've made such a huge difference! I just passed a year too! Great job!!!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    That is so awesome! You look fantastic and should be so proud!! I too thought I would have the100 pound banner by 1 year,,which is next month...but I made it half that...keep on plugging away!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Great job!!! :happy:
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 40 Member
    Wow that is perseverance. You have done very well. I also think that artificial sweeteners taste like plastics.
    You look amazing, keep it up.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 354 Member
    Great progress and very inspirational!
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Hey!!!! And this is my first post supporting my dear friend who looks amazing. Proud and very happy for you!! My hero ;)
  • tcg21
    tcg21 Posts: 6 Member
    Congradulations! it gives me hope, thank you.
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Great job and 45 lbs is quite an accomplishment !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!