Carb-cutting/carb-bulking, need info.

Options
Does anybody have any good information they can point me to that involves carb-cutting and carb-bulking? Im going to concentrate on burning fat and want to eat appropriately. Thanks.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any good information they can point me to that involves carb-cutting and carb-bulking? Im going to concentrate on burning fat and want to eat appropriately. Thanks.

If you don't have any insulin related medical conditions then there won't be any metabolic benefit to going on a low carb program. That being said, during cutting and bulking phases you will typically draw more calories from carbs (reduce them on a cut) due to your protein and fat minimums.

EDIT: In other words, your minimums for P/F will stay relatively consistent so as the need arises to reduce cals, carbs will be a good candidate to reduce. I'm generalizing.

I'd suggest starting here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
  • builtforlife
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • builtforlife
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • Pedrocas
    Pedrocas Posts: 22 Member
    Options

If you don't have any insulin related medical conditions then there won't be any metabolic benefit to going on a low carb program. That being said, during cutting and bulking phases you will typically draw more calories from carbs (reduce them on a cut) due to your protein and fat minimums.

EDIT: In other words, your minimums for P/F will stay relatively consistent so as the need arises to reduce cals, carbs will be a good candidate to reduce. I'm generalizing.

I'd suggest starting here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

I guess it's all said, generally, If there's no insulin related problems, it's all about intake more calories a day than you need while bulking, and less while cutting, keep it simple, you'll handle it pretty well =)