TDEE/BMR??? Need a little clarification

Options
Okay, I will try to make this question as simple as possible :)

I have read some of the great info out there, but with my 4 kids running around I just don't have time to read it all and get a GOOD understanding for the questions running in my head now...SO, I'll post my question and see who can help me :)

I am trying to lose 10 lbs. I have recorded regularly, have filled out all my MFP info and it says I should be eating 1360 cal. a day. Now, what I am concerned about is the fact that I am losing VERY slowly (some weeks not at all) and count SO carefully...eating back about 1/2 of my calories when I exercise...sometimes all of them.

I guess, what I want to know is: is 1360 what I should eat when I don't exercise or am I missing my REAL TDEE? I am a stay at home Mom who rarely sits down. If I counted my "food prep" exercises each day, I'd be logging 300 calories a day just from that :) Is the 1360 they assigned me here on MFP including the daily expenditures I make? I am wondering if the reason I'm not losing like i should be is because I am not actually eating enough...as hard as that is to believe, it may be my problem.

I'm a healthy eater...I have my over days, and the days I just eat what I like, but they are not "crazy bad" and not more than once a week/one meal Sat. and Sun....For how diligent I am, I just don't think I"m seeing the results I should be, and I've done weight loss for a LONG time :) Think gaining and losing 40 pounds with each pregnancy :)

So, does the 1360 include my daily expenditures, or do I need to reconfigure my calories? Thanks SO much to anyone who can help :)

Replies

• luvmybaby333
    Options
    What is your height, weight, and the level of activity you set your MFP profile to?
  • mom24littleones
    Options
    Oops...I see this posted before I made my duplicate post a few minutes ago...drat :( Thought this one got deleted...sorry folks!

Anyhoo, I am 5'7, 147 and my level of activity is the one that says "nurse/salesman" as an example (I can't think of the actual title for that level).

I have just been reading all about the TDEE and eating more to burn topics, so I'm getting confused...I know how to lose weight, I know how to eat right (and I do for about 90% of my week) and, as I think I said, I measure/count/log/weigh everything...