The best revenge...

Options
HornsUT32
HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
Before my boyfriend left for Iraq, I wasn't feeling too great about how I looked and felt. I had gained a bit of weight before we met, and although he didn't seem to have a problem with it, I wasn't ok with it. Anyhow...I have been getting back on track and I am down about 20 pounds (6 since joining MFP). He had no idea that I was trying to get back in the shape and lose the weight, and I wanted it to be a surprise. Anyhow...after the war ended he was moved to Kuwait, and he will be there until June. We had all of these plans for me to go to his home state and meet his family, and to finally move our relationship to the next level.

Anyhow, fast forward to about a month ago. He decided to leave me for a girl he met on the internet!! He threw away a relationship over a year long, for a woman he has never met. She lives in his home state, and I guess they are planning on meeting when he is home on leave. Then, he returns here.

Anyhow...what better revenge is there than to be at the top of my game so that if I ever see him again, he ends up regretting what he did. I have no interest in ever being with him again, but I do hope for a little taste of revenge this summer. As for my personal life now, I am in a much better place. I met a guy at the gym who seems like a good fit, and motivates me to work hard every day. I think things worked out for the best, but I am still mad at the ex and I want him to see that I am ok...and even better than I was with him. I hope to lose another 20-30 pounds before he is home in July, and thank you MFP for making that possible :).

On that note...good luck with weight loss everyone. If you ever need a friend, you can always say hi!!!

Replies

• penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job for loosing the weight!
    Your ex is a jerk for leaving you like that. (let's secretly hope that the girl he was talking to online is really a man :tongue: )

Add me as a friend if you'd like!!

Keep loosing!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Move on and enjoy your life!

Sounds like he wasn't ready anyway; you may be better off. :smile:

Welcome to the MFP site! I hope you find all the best as you move onto the next part of your life.
  • tierneymichele
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're right what better revenge then to show him what a dumb decision it was to leave you. And go for you for meeting someone else who is positive and wants to help motivate you. Good luck girl!
  • Miss_Behaving
    Miss_Behaving Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is not only showing that you're happy, but truly being it. Focus on your weight loss goals, kindling your relationship with your new man, and focus on YOU. It's amazing how once you become happy with yourself, none of that other stuff matters. :smile:

Cheers to the loss! :drinker: Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    What a freakin' tool! Well you are obviously better off!

Good luck, girlie! :)
  • breanndavis_00
    Options
    Woohooo! You go, lady!! This made me smile :) I am glad that you have found motivation although I hope you are doing this more for yourself.. BUT it's always nice whenever they see you again.. and their jaw drops!! ;) Keep up the good work!