One protein bar a day and STILL losing

Options
anyone here eat a protein bar everyday and still losing weight? I want to know if this is possible because alot of people say it's not "eating clean" with the protein bars..

Replies

• js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Most portein bars are practically candy bars, I suppose that's why the "not eating clean" bit applies. I think as long as you keep your calories in check, then why not. I personally, only have one if I don't have time to make a protein shake.
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sure you can. I mean it might be harder with those almost 600 cal. ones. I have one for lunch if i cant get out of the office. And when i am cutting i usually have one to replace a meal and keep the daily cals. low while keeping protein high.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    anyone here eat a protein bar everyday and still losing weight? I want to know if this is possible because alot of people say it's not "eating clean" with the protein bars..
    If I eat 1800 calories worth of twinkies I will still lose weight. Look, if you like a protein bar and it fits in your calories go for it.
  • teripen
    teripen Posts: 15
    Options
    I keep Luna bars on hand and in my purse in case I'm out and can't eat anything that's good for me. It's a great meal replacement and tastes great too. Good for breakfast on the run too and I still lose weight.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is from a calorie deficit. As a previous poster stated you can eat Twinkies as long as you are eating under your BMR. I don't think that would be the healthiest choice to make but up to you.

And not all protein bars are like candy bars. Some have very low sugar. Read the ingredients and watch the macro ratios on them. I eat one every day I can fit the calories in and it has never hurt my losses.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your intake, you'll lose weight. You could lose weight eating 1500 calories worth of Twinkies (not recommended).
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A lot of protein bars have a lot of sugar in them to make them taste better, so that's probably why some people tend to shy away from them. It all depends on which protein bar you pick. Same goes for any type of food - there are healthier versions and not so healthy versions. But it's all about balance too. I eat some high sugar items if I've been good the rest of the day.