More than 100lbs to lose. Anyone else?

Options
I'm looking for other people out there who have a very long weight-loss journey like myself. I need motivation to keep going because I feel like it's a goal so far away that it will never happen. I have a couple of friends trying to lose maybe 40 lbs, but they're not in the same boat as me. If you're on a journey of losing more than 100 pounds, please msg me and let's compare notes and become a support system for each other. I could use the support! Thanks

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I suggest you create small goals. For instance, I'm 256lbs right now. My goal for the time being is only 60lbs. Once I hit that goal, I'll start on another. Feel free to add me as a friend. I think we can totally help motivate each other. :)
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    HI THERE , YOU CAN ADD ME IF YOU LIKE. I HAVE ABOUT 100 POUNDS TO LOSE .
  • kvachon
    kvachon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me also I need to lose more then 100lbs and could use all the motivation out there. We can and will do this, we just have to stick with it.
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me...I'm trying to lose 180
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Hi there, I want to lose about 140 pounds. I have a long way to go. I also agree with setting small goals and then getting to them and making new one's. I started out at only 5 pounds and when from there, Now Im at 42 becuase of i started before I found this site. I have great friends and they help so much with this. I can be added if you like. Enjoy the ups and downs we can do this!!
  • Nikkin00
    Nikkin00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me! this is my first time on this site, i downloaded the app yesterday. love it so far.

i live in new zealand
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i have 120 odd to be in a healthy range .... anyone and everyone add me !!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Although it is just as hard to lose 5 Pounds as it is to lose 105 Pounds, you are right, The Journey is NOT the same.
    MFP has a Group of people who have lost 100= Pounds or are in the Process of Losing it.
    :heart: My best advice would be to Log In Every Day, Track All Your Food, and Drink Your Water!!
    Be Consistent and Persistent!! You CAN Do It!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I started here 6 months ago today, I too had a goal of 100 lbs to lose. I have a little more than 30 to go. Keep focused on your goal and bring your best every single day! You will get there!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I began... I had about 175 lbs. to lose. As of today, I have lost about 76 lbs. I agree with the other poster... make small goals first. Maybe not even scale derived goals. My first goal was to lose 25 lbs. in 6 months, then as I went along, it was more like being able to sit in movie theater seats without lifting the arm rest, sitting in stadium seats comfortably. My goal right now is to lose 24 more lbs. by July and hopefully fit into a size 16 (XL) swim suit for the first time in nearly 15 years. That would make me happy. I am happy to see my collar bones again, tilt my chin down and ACTUALLY touch it to my chest (double chin nearly GONE!) Those are some of my small goals... and boy or boy is it SOOO exciting to meet those goals!

Good luck on your journey!
  • AdiposeRapture
    Options
    *raises hand*
    100 would put me at 130 which would fall into idea weight for my height. I put 190 as my goal because its too hard for me to face how far I have to go.
    Anyone can friend me. I could use the support!!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Me too...

My highest weight was 291, currently at 268.
  • FootballMum3Boyz
    FootballMum3Boyz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a total of about 110 to be "healthy". Lost 23 so far. Add me if you would like!!
  • jrhudgins955
    Options
    Hey, I am a college student, Just here to use this as a tracker of how well I do throughout my time of working out and eating healthier. I am pretty much tired of always feeling lazy and bored, so I started working out again like i used to in high school. Must I say i love it and I love the feeling, I have always love working out and keeping active.
  • ppenton
    ppenton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I have a 100 plus lbs to lose.
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started off with 120 pounds to lose and have lost 34 pounds to date.
    We can be friends! I need the support as much as you do :)
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    My goal is to lose 145 lbs. I've lost 16.5 lbs in the last 4 weeks, so I'm well on my way. Before I started, I made my goal of 20 lbs by July 7th (which was the original date of my cousin's wedding.) Upon discussing this with my grandpa, who, by the way, has lost 70 lbs after being obese since I've been born (I'm 26), he set another goal for me...50 lbs by December 31st. I am SO determined to do it! If you need encouragement or someone to keep you accountable, I'm here for you!

xo,
    Angela
  • Matthew2400
    Options
    I still have a hundred pounds left, I also could use the help, you can add me. =)
  • genedotts
    genedotts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WHATS SUP.

I have 200 lbs to loose that I have set for myself. However the doctors want me to be 175 to 180. So once I get to my goal of 265 lbs... Which with hard work. I should be that by Dec. 26 2012. I started my journey 108 days ago on here and I have lost 112 lbs.
    So sure add me. I eat less then what I should and I burn more than I need.lol

So if your wanting to add a new crazy friend... Hit me with that request. My Log is open for everyone to see. So if you just wanna watch thats ok too.

I started at 577 lbs Dec 27. Found this site from a great friend... Joined. And now I am down to 465 with my mext weigh in on the 23rd of April.

I had set my first goal to loose 100 lbs by 4/9/12 My birthday... I have passed that and I am still going.
    I set a monthly weight loss goal of 25 lbs a month to hit my target. I hope to hit it with flying colors. But If I shouldnt... I still have came along way.

Hugs
    Gene