I want cookies!

Options
FitKate
FitKate Posts: 169 Member
Going hiking this weekend and was thinking some healthy cookies wouldn't be a bad snack idea. I'll be burning an extra 3,000 to 4000 a day with the trip I'm going on but I want to be reasonable. If any of you guys know of any websites or good recipes please help.

Thank you in advanced.

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    what about a homemade larabar instead? That would be some awesome fuel for a hike! Nuts, fruit, maybe a little chocolate, tasty and keeps you going!

I don't really eat cookies, so I'm not a whole lot of help mostly
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&rt=r&origin=Recipe&wt=cookies&pqt=k&ms=0&fo=0

Edited to say: I love allrecipes.com At the bottom of the recipes is a calorie fat and cholesterol count so you know before you even try to make whatever it is you want. You can also adjust the serving sizes so you don't end up making a lot of them if you don't need them. Sometimes you can replace sugars or eggs with things like unsweetened applesauce to give it a light and sweet taste.
  • Bartman67
    Bartman67 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have yet to actually try any of these recipes since I just found the site a few days ago but they look awesome.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • tohey22
    tohey22 Posts: 6
    Options
    quaker has new cookies out.. they are really really good.. i also LOVE smart ones desserts in the frozen section. they taste good, and are healthy!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I haven't tried making these yet but I found a recipe a while ago for cookies made with chickpeas. They're high protein and look pretty tasty.

http://thefreshbakedfreak.blogspot.com/2011/10/so-how-do-you-like-get-protein-and.html
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Just eat your favorite cookies. ...and then burn them off. Don't worry about it unless you make it a habit.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been making some delicious homemade cookies based off of a Betty Crocker recipe (I think) with some minor tweaking.

1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 stick of softened butter
    1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
    1 egg..or 1/4 cup egg substitute if you prefer
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp almond extract
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 cup chocolate chips

Mix sugars, egg/egg substitute, butter, apple sauce, and vanilla and almond extracts in one bowl with an electric mixer.
    Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
    Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet.
    Then mix in chocolate chips by hand...you could also substitute some nuts and dried fruit instead.
    Using a spoon scoop out dough and form into balls and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for about 12 minutes, or until they are starting to turn golden at the edges.
    Last time I made these I made 47 little cookies at 78 calories each. I like to make them small so I can have two or three haha.
  • FitKate
    Options
    Thanks Hbm616! I am going to try these. I like making my own homemade cookies. I try not to buy store bought because I'll sit down and eat the whole package. If I'm at home I just make a couple of cookies and craving is satisfied with out effecting my hips :)
  • FitKate
    Options
    I found a recipe for Meringue Cookies? Anyone ever done these? Looks like they are light weight and not to bad for me. Any thoughts?
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you only want a few I'm sure halving the recipe would be simple enough...or do do what I did and bring a whole bunch to work! Luckily people love cookies, especially free and unexpected cookies haha.

I haven't tried meringue cookies but I've seen recipes and they look really light and airy!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for Meringue Cookies? Anyone ever done these? Looks like they are light weight and not to bad for me. Any thoughts?

meringue cookies are so great!!! really easy too!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    made some sugar cookies today. batch made 36 and they came out to 69 calories apiece. not too bad.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Meringue cookies are tasty, but they aren't exactly cookies. If you're craving cookies specifically, you might try a healthed-up oatmeal raisin recipe!