Boston Marathon finished!!

Options
This Monday I finished the Boston Marathon and even though it was the slowest marathon I have ever run and the hardest out of the 8 marathons that I have run.....it was the most incredible experience on a marathon course that I have ever had!!

During the course I resuscitated 3 fallen runners that had succumbed to the heat and also 1 after the finish who had passed out while being lifted into a wheelchair....the time it took to have those runners regain consciousness delayed my finish time but I finished proud to have been able to help them regain their pulses and be taken to medical tents off the course.

It is the hardest thing I have ever done and most brutal temperatures with the heat from asphalt melting my running shoes.

The crowds along the course with ice and water hoses were amazing and I couldn't have gotten through it without them.

My friends and family think that I should gain some attention for running the Boston marathon for Autism - I am trying to raise funds for the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism and so I have posted a wall post to the Ellen Degeneres show facebook page.....please help me get on the Ellen show by going to here show's facebook page and scrolling through the recent posts to find mine about Running the Boston marathon.....or if you are on facebook - just comment on the following photo that I posted to her wall:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3209144422212&set=o.128479787197962&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

Or go to the Ellen show website and write her an email to let her know you think that my story should be on her show.....THANK YOU MFPs for your HELP!!!

I do all this for AUTISM and there is no better reason in the world to do events......in 11 days I will complete the Big Sur marathon on the West Coast and that will be for Autism also - it would be great to hear any support from you - please friend me on facebook or like my Racing for Autism facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RACING4AUTISM

I'm updating my blog from the Boston Marathon now - here's the link: racingforautismorg.blogspot.com Check it out!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

YOU ARE ALL SUPER STARS!!

Cheers,

Mary James
jamesclan@sbcglobal.net

Replies

• ax150
    ax150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!!! I was there just watching and couldn't stop sweating. Truly an accomplishment!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!!!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment! I walked about 2 miles after work that day in Boston and was sweating profusely...never could have run!

EDIT:

Just looked at your picture and I go to nursing school with those girls, what a small world!
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and the work you do for Austism does not go unappreciated. :) I work with children and adults on the Austism Spectrum every day, and it is people like you that make the world a better and more accepting place for them and their families. Thank you!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great accomplishment
  • catcher_in_the_pie
    catcher_in_the_pie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm super jealous :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is my UG! I just can't imagine honestly, running those miles withouth music though. That's what I was thinking about during my run today, haha. But I applaud anyone who finishes! Well done! :]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!