Calling all Salad fans!!

2»

Replies

• _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    My fav dressing is honey and mustard over chicken and crisps lettuce and tomato, love pesto too. A really nice side salad is grated carrot tossed with a little white balsamic vinegar.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    HiddenValley FF ranch is really good. Only 35 cals for 2 tbsps :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I've learned to love Light Italian dressing. In a 2 Tbsp serving it has only 35 calories, 2.5g of good fat (mono & poly) and only 2g of sugar. The sodim isn't the best at 340mg but I still manage to stay under my sodium goal. It took me a little while to develop a taste for it but after looking at the nutrition panels of other bottled dressings it didn't take me long to learn to love it. Lots of flavor! I prefer the Wishbone brand.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    red wine vinegar and some olive oil. Better yet olive oil and a fresh squeezed lemon!

I try to stay away from processed foods..too many hidden factors, like sodium
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic.
    Sometimes I chop up a tomato really fine with sone herbs/spices and use that instead of a dressing.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    bump
  • I like creamy Italian...not very good for dieting...so i buy the yogurt ranch dressing (in the produce side typically next to the tofu section) and mix it with fat free Italian or fat free balsamic vinaigrette....its delicious and half the calories if not more then using creamy Italian.
  • I love salads......i love creamy italian but obviously its full of carbs...i typically mix balsamic vinegar with light ranch. I eat salads alot and was getting tired of eating the same type of salad...so when ever i go to resturants and i order a salad i try to make it at home with a twist as to how i like it. here are my top three salads:

summer time salad-romaine lettuce, cucumbers, rainbow slaw, mandarin oranges, pineapple, dried cranberries, starberries, blueberrys, sprinkle some walnuts and sunflower seed, with a raspberry vinegarette (sometimes i will add grilled chicken)

south west salad-romaine lettuce, shredded 2% cheese, jalepenos, onions, peppers, grilled chicken, tortilla strips (just a few), and for the dressing i mix 2 table spoons of hot salsa and 2 table spoons of light sour cream (60 calories for 4 tablespoons). super YUMMY!!! sometimes i will add turkey chilli instead of chicken....

tuna salad- romaine lettuce, onions, peppers, cucumbers, diced pickles, 1/2 can of drained tuna, chick peas, hard boiled egg, tomatoes and light robusto italian

These are my top three favorite salads....i have all kinds of dressing in my fridge and various salad toppers (tortilla strips, egg noodles, potato sticks, almonds, sunflower seeds, wonton strips, cranberries, etc...i like to have the crunch in my salads to i sprinkle a little of these depending on what type of salad im making). They definetly spice up a boring salad.

hopefully this helps you entertain your taste buds!