I don't believe my scale

Options
Hi all, how's everyone this morning? I think my scale is crap. I got on it this morning and it said I lost another 3 lbs! That would be good if I believed it. I find it very hard to believe that I lost 9 lbs in 1 1/2 wks. :grumble:

208998.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• JNC87
    JNC87 Posts: 16
    Options
    You scale is just showing you how hard you have been working!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    You scale is just showing you how hard you have been working!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

I hope so cuz I just bought a *kitten* load of clothes that are too small to keep me motivated. :laugh: Some one size smaller and a few things 2 sizes too small. Kind of crazy but that's me. :happy:
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :happy: Sometimes you will loose alot in a short period of time......but don't be discouraged if you don't see a big difference for a couple of weeks after. Good Luck
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    Scales can vary from one to another. You need to weigh yourself on your old scale, then on the new one, then you will know if you really lost or if the new scale just reports a lower weight.

I 'gained' three pounds when I got my new scale.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are doing good. Congrats.
  • donna56
    Options
    Scales can vary from one to another. You need to weigh yourself on your old scale, then on the new one, then you will know if you really lost or if the new scale just reports a lower weight.

I 'gained' three pounds when I got my new scale.

Wow, you are doing good!!!!:smile:
  • donna56
    Options
    Girl, you are doing good. Congrats.

And you are doing wonderful too. I can't wait to get some numbers like that :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    in the beginning you lose a lot of "water weight"

it isn't all just water, but reducing calories also means reducing the amount of food in your digestive tract at any one time. so you have less doo-doo in your guts and the scale goes down :blushing: :laugh: :bigsmile:

use it for motivation and keep up the good work!!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm very skeptical about scales too. I actually used a medicine ball to test them and I found that my wii fit board is consistently 1 lb over. Pick a scale and stick to it