Monthly binges? :(

Options
So every woman knows the monthly pain and stress that comes with a period. But as if that wasn't hard enough to deal with, we get massive food cravings as well and I'm ashamed to say that I always submit to them. Whether it's a bar of chocolate or a tub of ice cream, I tell myself that I'm in pain and it will make me feel better, which it does, but then soon afterwards I feel so guilty and down and the cycle continues.
Has anyone got any tips they can share about controlling these cravings or for just getting through the days?

Replies

• el223029
    el223029 Posts: 26
    Options
    I feel ya... its like I dont even care, i feel like im justifying eating poorly because im in a crap mood. However, I find that if I put aside enough calories for one outstanding treat it satisfies my cravings. If i try to cheap out and have say.. a single piece of chocolate.. i end up going hog wild. But if I buy a decadent desert of sorts or one particular treat that I have planned for, I am less likely to keep returning to the pantry and fridge to continue eating.
  • whiteviolett
    Options
    thanks I'll try that, maybe a fabulous dessert so that I know I'm going to get it later and stop myself from snacking on the junk
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Going through that these past two days, I could eat a horse! No idea how to cure it, so subscribing and hoping someone has an answer.