Has anyone ever done a Spartan Sprint/Obstacle Race?

Options
Hi!

So I am a new runner. I have never been a runner in the past, and like many new runners, began with the C25K. I have just recently been able to run a 5k and a bit longer, and am very excited about my progress. I even have my first 5k run next month :)

A friend of mine has signed up for the Spartan Sprint, and is assembling a team. He asked me today if I would like to join! The race is at the end of August, so I have some time, but I am wondering if this would be something I can do? I know there are a range of obstacles, but that those, along with the course, are not disclosed beforehand. I was wondering if anyone else has done a spartan obstacle course race before, and what their experiences were? What kind of obstacles were there? Do you think I could complete the race with some more training??

Just wondering what others experiences have been! Thanks!

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Go to Youtube and look up Spartan Sprint or Spartan Race. You'll be able to see the various obstacles.

Do a search. A lot of people on MFP do the various mud runs.
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Ok! thanks
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash last year, Tough Mudder last weekend and I am doing Spartan this weekend!
  • shadows04
    Options
    I just did a Lozilu Mud (5k) run a couple of weeks ago. It was an all women's run and I am happy that was the first one I did. I ended up with vertigo 3 weeks before the run and I couldn't train. I made it under an hour and the only obstacle skipped was the 10 foot wall.
  • STEELMAN47
    Options
    MY daughter & i did the SPARTAN INDIANA sprint on April 21 , IT WAS 42 OUT & A WIND CHILL OF 35 , along with freezing , the course was brutal , very challenging , as for our fitness level , we both do insanity/p90x 3-4 times a week & run a 5 k race once a month , if it wasn't for being under dressed we would have been fine i think , we both finished which 99 percent do in a spartan sprint , but i saw on the spartan face book page only 70percent finished the Indiana race so it was as brutal as i thought , I'm sure if you do it you will be fine , people were very willing to help each other across obstacles & along the course , i am signing up today for spartan Indiana in 2013 !! watch the you tube video & you decide
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've done hell run, and I just bought my ticket for this years!

(btw living social deal for Pacific NW is 59 June 16th :) here is the link http://www.livingsocial.com/adventures/311192?ref=personalized-link-box-58165000&rpi=58165000)

I LOVED IT! Virtually awesome fun, and no worries if you can't run a whole 5k....you get to stand around an wait for your turn at each obstacle lol