Running NSV!! :D

Options
I have been using MFP for about 8 months, but this is my first time posting on the community. I just had to post my running NSV that happened today! I have been out of the gym for a couple of weeks due to injury, and have gained some inches. Not weight, just fat. to get toned again, I decided to hit the gym hard. Usually after a song is over, I stop running on the treadmill and walk to catch my breath until the next song. The farthest I had run a few days before was one mile. But I thought to myself, "I'm feeling pretty good! I'll do one more lap." And then before I knew it, one lap turned into another miles! Before I knew it, I had run 4 miles!! I took a few 30 second breaks in the middle, but that is a HUGe accomplishment for me! Then my friend came up to me and asked me how many miles I had run so far. At that point, it was about 3. He told me that he had to run 3 miles for his upcoming fitness test, and that I was his inspiration today!! I couldn't believe it! So keep pushing, my fellow MFPers. You are so much stronger than you think!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • pattyfit3334
    pattyfit3334 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm new to this so...what is MFP and what is NSV?? :blushing:
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    MFP = My fitness pal,This website
    NSV= Non scale victory
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You're my inspiration too doing that :)
    Well done you!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done. I had a similar experience in week 5 of the C25K programme where I just blitzed it and did the whole 5-k...

Congrats, good effort...
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    Well done that is a great NSV! You should definitely be very proud :)
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    excellent achievement x
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    awesome nsv! you're right, we are so much more stronger than we think!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! I just started running and I jog+walk for about a mile with intervals and after about a mile my legs just start hurting like a mofo! I can't believe when people run for a mile straight let alone multiple miles like you so much respect!