Hi I am new here.

Options
Hello, My name is Lisa and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking not just to lose weight, but to live a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:

Friends can be a good boost here for some extra support and motivation. One of my favorite sentence here is "I'm not on a diet, I'm improving my lifestyle!"

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • brunette_gurl_66
    brunette_gurl_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa .. welcome ... I just joined as well. Hoping to travel the great journey to a better me as well. My best to you :)
  • Joannagate
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I joined in January but I have have been very hit and miss with following any sort of eating/exercise plan. I look forward to seeing you around and good luck with your journey!
  • llissa1971
    Options
    HI everyone and thank you all for your replies.
  • curtbrue
    curtbrue Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello there....Im new as of today and looking forward to loosing some weight. The reason I'm doing this is because I had a good job offer and I failed the physical cause my heart rate was to high. Also I wanna be healthy at the same time...Good Luck with your weight loss also!!!
    Curt
  • Lisammy
    Lisammy Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm Lisa too :) I've been on here for a couple weeks now. It's a big help w/ all the support and accountability for your calories. I log in every day, I've only lost 1 lb. but slow and steady is how this race will be won ;) Welcome and I hope you find this site as helpful and encouraging as I have! Feel free to add me if you wish :)

"Losing weight is a marathon and not a sprint." I saw this the other day on here, and I loved it!
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lisa...

Welcome aboard..

If you need any support on your journey, feel free to add me...:smile:
  • skinnybride2013
    Options
    Hi Lisa!
    Im new here too and looking for friends to motivate & support each other on this journey (in my case a very looooooooooong one).
  • MuffintopGem
    MuffintopGem Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, been on mfp for a while but this is my 4th day of doing it properly! Good luck!:smile:
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hi Lisa, welcome to MFP. I have been using MFP for a few months now and I also do not have a lot of weight to loose. I definitely find the accountability of food logging to help me eat healthier and more balanced meals. I love it!!!! I think you will too. Feel free to add me. Enjoy!
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    Welcome :wink:
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi :) My name is Niamh and Im new to MFP. I did a food logging site called CalorieCount on and off for the past two or three years so Im no stranger to it but I am struggling with getting to a comfortable place with my body.

I have lost 10 pounds since Christmas to get back to my usual inbetweeny weight, the old 'comfort zone' but I want to push myself now to eat cleaner and healthier and stop binging on crap every few days. I just need to learn that Im not always going to be in control of what I eat but not to punish myself too much for it! Also, have fell out of exercise completely in the dreary winter months but starting running again so need some motivation!! :D

Im lovely! Add me for a motivatory kick up the *kitten* :P:) x
  • oligard
    oligard Posts: 141
    Options
    welcomee...add me pls