How do I put in Zumba as my exercise??

Options
I searched for Zumba for my exercise, but nothing came up. What topic should I use to put it in?

Replies

• jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I created my own Zumba in my exercise options. I input the calories from my heart rate monitor - I seem to average 300-350 in 55 minutes.
  • tiffanyziola
    Options
    I got the Zumba Fitness: Rush game for my xbox Kinect and it tells me how long i danced for and the amount of calories i burned. very helpful! but i also just created my own exercise !
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2 for the Wii...at the end of the class it tells you the minutes and calories burned...You can create your own exercise catagory and enter it in. I got 358 calories for 22 minutes this morning....Its awesome....
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    Would depend on the intensity. I was doing zumba classes about 6-8 months ago and wore a hrm and burned an average of 800 calories in a very active hour long class where I sweated a ton. In a less intense session I would gues.s at about 300-500 an hour.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yeah you have to make your own exercise. www.zumbacalories.com is a good site to get an estimate.
  • sweetdreamz6700
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2 for the Wii...at the end of the class it tells you the minutes and calories burned...You can create your own exercise catagory and enter it in. I got 358 calories for 22 minutes this morning....Its awesome....

How is that even possible????? With 97% accuracy at 22 minutes on any of the short classes I can burn maaaybe 200 max.
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

How is that even possible????? With 97% accuracy at 22 minutes on any of the short classes I can burn maaaybe 200 max.

I'm curious too... I was using www.zumbacalories.com and it said that on normal intensity I was burning 406 calories for 20 mins.. however my HRM said 144 gross and 106 net. To the OP, invest in a goofd HRM and convert your average heart rate to calories burned at http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx if your HRM doesn't calculate it for you. Most estimators such as MFP and www.zumbacalories.com are off.