Really need some friends and motivation :(

Options
Hey all....I am new here and my first time posting on this board. My name is Sara. I have been married 5 years to my husband Jeremy and we have 3 kids...Jacob is 5, Ashlynn is 3 and Jackson is 11 Months. When I first got pregnant with Jacob I was probably 120 lbs. and then I just went down hill from there cause every other year I was pregnant. I have decided that I HAVE to lose weight cause as of right now I am sitting at 240 lbs. I am not happy with myself and i just feel really sad that i let myself go like that. I have tried everything under the sun to try and get this weight off but nothing seems to work. I have tried WW, Diet pills, Low carb and nothing seems to work. I feel like giving up. It just seems like no matter what i do even cut my portions in half , the scale # just keep going up. We have an elliptical and a treadmill at our home but by time i get to 10 minutes or so I am out of breath and i hurt. I like to walk but with my husband and i working opposite shifts (He works in the morning and right when he gets home i go to work at night) there is no way i can with all my kids. I really don't even have friends that i can do anything with and all my sisters are in AZ. I am trying not to get down on myself but i seriously need some motivation and some ways to start losing this weight. It makes me cry every time I look in the mirror. I just want to feel sexy again...I know that my hubby loves me but i want to put that spark back in our marriage and be like we used to be. I am not all that good at counting calories it is really hard for me to get into the habit. I also started 30 day shred yesterday and man do i hurt today. I just need some friends on here that can help me stay motivated. Like I said before, I don't really have any friends here in South Dakota and i think that is partly why i am depressed. I don't want to feel like this anymore. Sorry for the sob story I just need someone to talk to and connect with.

Replies

• MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awww honey! You will find TONS of support on here! I would love to be here with you on your journey. Feel free to add me. Be gentle with yourself, you can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Take omega 3 fish oil for the depression.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara,

I hope you find some friends on MFP & get motivated & inspired by the awesome people that use it. :flowerforyou:
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    this place has the greatest support system! no worries add me~! I know that kids can be a hard and draining process on weight loss.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • MissMom85
    MissMom85 Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel Free to add me! :) I have a 16 month old son and I am trying to get this weight off before we add baby #2... Like the other poster said, don't be too hard on yourself! We are all here for the same reason :)
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I'm logging daily and can offer support. :flowerforyou:
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me...this is the BEST place for motivation, and I've found some awesome supporters and friends. We can and WILL get through this together.
  • kellybell1110
    kellybell1110 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! I use to be in the AF then I got married and I have 3 children. I know the heartache of knowing what your body should look like and feel like you have no control. You can do this!!! I have tried every diet too but I know that it isnt rocket science so I have been using this. It makes it so much easier, you need support so please add me as a friend. I would love to walk this journey with you. By the way Jillian is no joke, I have done the shred 2x now. Love it and hate it LOL :) Hang in there but I do have to say this, you need to do this for you. To be healthy and for your kido's. Its worth it.
  • MBuckler3
    MBuckler3 Posts: 22
    Options
    After reading your post I feel like I could have been reading about me. Feel free to add me. I would love to help you get motivated and stay motivated.
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    Big support available here!!!!
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You already decided to change. That's the biggest step!!!
    Start trying to follow the easiest steps. Count your calories, drink all your water and do whatever exercise you can do.

You can do this!!!!

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • AshleyLHoover
    AshleyLHoover Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We are all here to support you on this journey. You are not in this alone and you CAN do it. Every journey begins the same way - one step at a time. Feel free to add me.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't give up before you get started. As much as you may hate to, counting calories really does work. This site makes it relatively easy once you get the hang of it. Most people are creatures of habit and generally eat the same several foods. Once you know what yours are it will get easier.

It's okay that you can only do 10 minutes on the treadmill. When I started I was the same way. That to gets easier as you keep doing it. Little changes add up and you will see results if you start making small changes and keep at it.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I can relate to not having any friends where you live. It's hard! I would be happy to help you stay on track. I think MFP is one of the surest bets to lose weight the right way. It has worked for me so far and I know it can work for you!
  • CarmenPaula
    CarmenPaula Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara,

You must be really busy with 3 little ones and working (sounds like full time). Probably you are not getting enough sleep and that really hurts with weight loss. I just finished a 12 week biggest loser boot camp at our local gym and lost 30 lbs (down from 185 to 155) which feels really awesome. But I don't have any small children at home, so have time to devote to myself. But one of my fellow boot campers is a new mom - she has a baby girl who is 6 months old and is a nurse who works afternoons. She managed to lose 18 lbs in the 12 week camp and was very happy with that. Is there anything like that in your area? The mutual support we all got and gave at the boot camp really helped us to stay motivated and competitive.
  • rvp2003
    rvp2003 Posts: 1
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. Welcome to myfitnesspal. It is the best site out there today. Log everyday and make sure no matter what , exercise. And if you have a friend near by buddy up. I have four kids and I go to the gym after I get the kids ready for bed. I have made new friends at the gym I'm part of the mid nite crew. My gym is 24hrs. Do I want to go that late, No, but I do! Stay focused. Keep logging in IT WORKS , IF YOU WORK IT!!!!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well first off thanks for sharing your story. It takes courage to put that all out there and it's a good start. I have children your age and that can be a point of reference, and I have been using this forum/software for about 5 months so I can hopefully give you some perspective from both viewpoints. Primarily, you have a family that loves you and needs you. So giving up is not an option. Your health is important to 4 other people, at a minimum. That being said, it is entirely possible for you to accomplish your new goals but first you need to set them. A scale goal is worthwhile, pick a realistic number and a time frame. Perhaps, considering your stats, getting to 200 by August is a realistic one. Think about what you need to do to get there. I really do know the challenges you have, I have raised 4 sons, but with my spouse carrying the major responsibilities, acknowledged. The diet and fitness responsibilities of a lifestyle change are rote. You plug in the numbers, follow the plan and do the work. It will happen if you do it.
    It is really pretty simple. We hope you can set yourself in a place where you can accomplish these goals, and they are very worthwhile ones. You are young and you have the opportunity to live a long healthy life. Take one step forward, use the information provided here and you will be fine. Good luck to you.
  • pandaJOY7
    pandaJOY7 Posts: 11
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am a veteran at weight loss and have tried just about everything out there short of surgery. This time it is working because of motivation provided by friends. I have tried to lose all by myself and it doesn't work as well for me. Remember to get in enough fluids and to keep your goals in front of you. Right now I have set a 2-day goal with a specific reward at the end of it. Those very short-term goals help me to stay focused. Plus, I do have some longer-term goals, but they are a bit more complicated to follow and see the changes in a month. So, now, I am working on short-term goals that will work to make my long-term goal a reality.
  • cckbadtz
    cckbadtz Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new here too! I also joined this web-site for some motivation and accountability! I would love to have someone checking up on me. You can add me. I am not sure how to add people yet lol. Anyone else who wants to add me for support and motivation I would really appreciate it!