Cookies?

Options
FitKate
FitKate Posts: 169 Member
Going hiking this weekend and was thinking some healthy cookies wouldn't be a bad snack idea. I'll be burning an extra 3,000 to 4000 a day with the trip I'm going on but I want to be reasonable. If any of you guys know of any websites or good recipes please help.

Thank you in advanced.

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I use allrecipes.com. Very good for recipes, as you can pick ingredients that you want/dont want as you search.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bbc food :) My godsend
  • FitKate
    Options
    I found a recipe for Meringue Cookies? Anyone ever done these? Looks like they are light weight and not to bad for me. Any thoughts?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    With that kind of calorie burn, you should probably just eat any damn cookie that you want. I'd go for peanut butter.
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would think oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip would be filling...I found these recipes that are reduced fat.
    http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies
  • FitKate
    Options
    Yay Cookies!! I haven't had cookies in a long time and if i'm hiking I don't feel bad eating them. I was looking for stuff that would be good on the trail and not fall apart. I don't want squirrels or bears following me on the way to my camp site.
  • JordanDiane77
    Options
    I don't remember where I found it, but you might be able to google it. They had trail mix cookies, which would be awesome for hikes, and you can put in pretty much anything you want, including chocolate! Enjoy your hikes! :)