I have 4 weeks to lose weight

Options
I have just over 4 weeks until my wedding. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred very inconsistently because my meds make me exhausted all day and I usually end up not working out. Since I only have 4 weeks left, I'm going to try to pull out the motivation to do it almost every day. I have a strapless wedding dress, and my arms and back are looking pretty horrible. Do I need to add exercises besides the 3DS if I want to make a visible difference before my wedding?

Replies

• trekkiebeth
    trekkiebeth Posts: 172
    Options
    Bump
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you have a high percentage of fat, you probably aren't going to make a visible difference in 4 weeks. Do what you can but I wouldn't stress it. You have someone who loves you. Enjoy getting ready for your new life together.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    4 weeks? That's nothing.. It takes four weeks to even see a change in one's body..
    I've been "dieting" for a month and a half and have only lost 5 pounds..
    There's no quick fix. Just work on eating enough and making healthy choices. Besides, if your
    Getting married I would assume your husband would love you no matter what :D
    Forget about size, just focus on lifestyle changes
  • Plan2Be
    Plan2Be Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We'd been engaged .. for ... forever.

But when we finally got around to the actual planning, we had 14 weeks .. so I decided 28lbs was a realistic weight loss.

But, just in case, I got my dress fitted around my "largeness" ... 14wks later, a whole load of stress ... I fitted that dress perfectly, felt a milion dollars and had a great day.

Oh yes ... I lost nowt.

I still look at those photo's now (12yrs later) and think we look ace.

Have a great day and enjoy it, after all, you don't want to do it twice !!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    4 weeks? that's like waiting until the saturday night before a final to start studying.

just concentrate on planning the wedding instead of trying to do some some crazy diet and exercise. there's going to be enough stress before the wedding so no need to add more unnecessarily
  • Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dang you guys are harsh lol. You can do a lot in 4 weeks OP. Keep doing the shred consistently everyday and add in about 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week. Reduce sodium and sugar in your diet and drink only water. The shred really tones up the shoulders and back. You will definitely notice a difference in how your dress fits and better yet in how you feel. Check out some 30 day shed before and afters in the success forum. Many people have gotten visible results in just 30 days.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    If I were trying to do it in 4 weeks - the 30 DS will give some results. Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels also. You should do both, and add in another bit of cardio everyday.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I may sound rude here, but I am writing from the perspective of a guy who will be celebrating his 39th Wedding Anniversary in a few months and I love my wife with all my heart.

So, are you wanting to lose weight to look good in your wedding dress or are you desiring to look attractive to your future hubby after the nuptials?

If the latter is the case, slow and steady is great since he obviously loves you the way you look now. If the former is the case, will you be following the "Gain a husband, lose a diet" scenario?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will give you visible results in 4 weeks, but weight lifting might help.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I am 20 days into 30DS. Mind you, I haven't done it that many days straight. I took up doing some cardio a few weeks ago (PE class) and also some yoga. Anyway, I only lost 2 lbs (I'm pretty close to goal) but I lost a total of 7". Some of that in places you couldn't really see any fat. So yes, working out can help you in 4 weeks and it will probably make you feel better. I have numerous strange medical issues and overall, I feel much better when I exercise.

Don't stress too much over the weight though, he's marrying you because he loves you, not because of how you think you should look but don't right now.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the wedding planning as well as getting healthy and know that you are making positive changes that are going to last well into your married life, it's not just about a quick fix for one day.

And most important of all - don't tie the "success" of your wedding day into losing weight. While it's a really important day,for you and your new husband, the chances that anyone else will remember that you lost 3kg in the month before wedding is practially nil. What they will remember is that you looked glowing with health and happiness. If you are cranky and starving and in pain from a new exercise regime, that is going to show!
  • thomasmite
    Options
    I just want to say that only exercise work out is not enough for lose weight you have to do some thing extra with it. I mean you need to take effective control on eating habits. You need a perfect diet plan who leads you on desire point Use raw and boiled vegetables and fresh fruits mostly. Neglect all the fat and high protein foods items which create hurdles in reducing weight. Drink 8 to 10 glass of water per day. Use juice after every 2 hours to maintian energy level.

www.getfitsandiego.com/san-diego-health-club.html
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You might not lose weight, but you should lose inches. Eat healthy, don't deprive yourself of things you like to eat. Moderation and portion control is the key. Drink water. Try incorporating Tae Bo into your workout routine. Check your local library to see if they carry the workout. You can preview Billy Blanks' latest workouts on Collagevideo.com you can his workouts at Walmart, Target, KMart, etc.

Did you do your last fitting yet? If you lose a lot of inches, you might not be able to fit your dress and it would be too late to alter the dress.
  • _annie_marie_
    Options
    Dang you guys are harsh lol. You can do a lot in 4 weeks OP. Keep doing the shred consistently everyday and add in about 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week. Reduce sodium and sugar in your diet and drink only water. The shred really tones up the shoulders and back. You will definitely notice a difference in how your dress fits and better yet in how you feel. Check out some 30 day shed before and afters in the success forum. Many people have gotten visible results in just 30 days.

i agree! you need to be consistent! do 30ds every single day! you've only got four weeks so you've got to do it everyday, and you will for sure see some results. maybe not a 15 pound difference or anything major but you should tone up some more and ultimately feel better for your special day. id say if you can also do ripped in 30, but you could have a little more slack with that one if you're doing 30ds everyday.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    First love yourself and know he loves you... and stop stressing!!! Stress is only gonna hold the weight there!! Got it?? Good!

4 weeks is time for some results.. Do your 30 day shred daily and add in some push ups, up downs, shoulder presses, rows, deadlifts, and those types of upper body workouts 3 days a week for the next 4 weeks as well.

Watch your calories, high fiber, lean proteins, good carbs...lots of water.

I believe in you!!!
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try to do everything I can to get more fit while also trying to not stress over it too much.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try to do everything I can to get more fit while also trying to not stress over it too much.

That's a great attitude... enjoy the next four weeks have a wonderful wedding day. And, more importantly, many happy years with your lovely husband.
  • trekkiebeth
    Options

That's a great attitude... enjoy the next four weeks have a wonderful wedding day. And, more importantly, many happy years with your lovely husband.

Thank you!
  • peterjohn1
    peterjohn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would say that you have to focus on your diet plan and Exercise . You need to make your diet plan which include fat free foods such as green vegetables and fruits . You also select the exercise which is simple and also beneficial . So walking is simple exercise in my view. You need not to be worried and keep your life simple.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    There have been some great results posted on the forums after people have done the 30DS. Good luck to you.