HELP! Strenght Training=Weight Gain?

Options
I started doing 30DS about 2 weeks ago...since that time I have gained about 3 pounds....just wondering if this is normal due to muscle build? Or am I just gaining weight? Any experience/help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like it's enough time to build muscle. Could be water weight gain, however. Are you measuring yourself?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you're more than likely not building muscle since it takes a lot of time and effort to do do, it's more than likely water retention. give it time, stick with it and eventually your body will release it
  • peterjohn1
    peterjohn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well i do not you will get the results very soon because it takes time and also needs hard training for this . You will gradually find the results but you also have to take high carb and protein foods which would not only help building muscles but also gain weight .
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It is pretty normal with the shred. Someone (sorry I can't remember who) explained it to me by saying that when you put your muscles under stress then they flood themselves with water as it helps them to repair (and get stronger) so although you are weighing heavier if you keep it up then eventually your muscles won't be under so much strain and so they will let go of the water.
    In saying that, when I did the shred I only lost 5.8lbs but I did lose a lot of inches.