Calories vs. Carbs/Fat/Protein

Options
Ceezie
Ceezie Posts: 21 Member
So I tend not to eat any more calories when I'm really close to 0 left on Carbs, Fat, and/or Protein.
For example, today I have 335 calories left (consuming 1,300 cals a day), but I have 0 left for Fat.
I know it's important to eat all my calories, especially because I'd be putting myself in starvation mode.

However, it's more important to eat all my calories even though I'm going over on my other nutrients, right...?
Sorry for the lame question D:

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So I tend not to eat any more calories when I'm really close to 0 left on Carbs, Fat, and/or Protein.
    For example, today I have 335 calories left (consuming 1,300 cals a day), but I have 0 left for Fat.
    I know it's important to eat all my calories, especially because I'd be putting myself in starvation mode.

However, it's more important to eat all my calories even though I'm going over on my other nutrients, right...?

First, you're not going to go into starvation mode by missing a few calories.

But that being said, you should probably consume pretty close to your recommended calorie intake especially given a 1300/day intake.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't worry about exceeding a specific macronutrient (c/f/p) provided you're near your calorie target.
  • OwloftheFuture
    OwloftheFuture Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I never really thought about this...
  • erv78
    erv78 Posts: 7
    Options

First, you're not going to go into starvation mode by missing a few calories.

But that being said, you should probably consume pretty close to your recommended calorie intake especially given a 1300/day intake.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't worry about exceeding a specific macronutrient (c/f/p) provided you're near your calorie target.

This.
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tbh it depends:

1. If this is a one-off / unusual day, or if this is the norm.

2. What your goals are.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    sounds like you went a bit high on fat and are under on protein and carbs.

There are no essential carbohydrates so that's the one to undershoot with impunity.
  • pinkjellybaby
    pinkjellybaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about too much protein, so maybe use your cals up with something like turkey? Very lean and quite tasty

Depends what you've been eating really. I rarely have even half of my fat for the day but use all my cals/carbs/protein. Maybe take a look at what you're eating and have more lean meat/fish and veg.