kebab

Options
does anybody know what the right cals for a small chicken kebab with garlic sauce is from takeaway thanks

Replies

• robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    according to MFP its 600 with chili sauce. You'd need to look up garlic mayo as well and add that on. all in all, not worth it!! Chicken shish kebabs are much lower in calories, and in my opinion much tastier too!
  • brittyy12
    Options
    with salad and stuff on it you just put it on your calorie counter thing do small chicken kebab then do the salads that were on it and the sauce it should have it all
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    does anybody know what the right cals for a small chicken kebab with garlic sauce is from takeaway thanks
    There is one in the mfp database with a pitta, salad and chilli sauce. I'd say try staying away from the takeaway garlic sauce and buy yourself a bottle of garlic mayo from the supermarket. At least that way, you know how many cals is in that. I suppose it depends on how much chicken there is in the kebab and how it is cooked. The one I get is cooked on like a grill thing with no oil used but I have had one before where they fried the chicken in a pan with loads of oil (it was rank!) You could maybe try just searching skinless chicken breasts on the MFP database and just add maybe 2 servings of one that seems an average cal content, then search the pitta and do the same and I probs wouldnt even count the salad unless its been dressed. Give me 2 secs and I'l see if I can get a link to the chicken kebab database entry I use x
  • DellG85
    Options
    Here's the link, have a look down and see which looks most like what you'll be having :) x
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/kebab
  • DellG85
    Options
    according to MFP its 600 with chili sauce. You'd need to look up garlic mayo as well and add that on. all in all, not worth it!! Chicken shish kebabs are much lower in calories, and in my opinion much tastier too!
    How is it not worth it? If the OP has worked hard all week, I say go for it and make sure you enjoy it, too! The minute you start depriving yourself of the things you crave will be the minute this starts to feel like a diet and therefore a chore. There is no reason to not still eat and enjoy "naughty" food, just keep it balanced and in moderation :happy:
  • bananaface222
    bananaface222 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    is the shish one the chunks or on skewer
  • robynj88
    Options
    shish ones are the chunks that are grilled. Doner is the big hunk of meat they cut off the skewer thing.

I say not worth it, because I think the shish is the better option - IMO it tastes better, its less calories and less fatty! I always believe something isn't worth it if there's a healthier option that's just as tasty!
  • reach53
    reach53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I say not worth it, because I think the shish is the better option - IMO it tastes better, its less calories and less fatty! I always believe something isn't worth it if there's a healthier option that's just as tasty!

That is a good one and so true! Often the healthier options are tastier too!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    shish ones are the chunks that are grilled. Doner is the big hunk of meat they cut off the skewer thing.

If they had a chicken kebab it was probably shish - doner is (almost always?) lamb.
  • bananaface222
    bananaface222 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    one says 325 and the oyher says 600 what would u go by x
  • robynj88
    Options
    600 is the doner (you do get chicken doner kebabs in most UK takeaways)

I always thought the shish was around 450 for a medium so the lower amount is probably right