Scales going in the wrong direction

Options
The scale is going in the wrong direction & for once I do not know why! I am eating better than ever, Drinking lots of water, & doing cardio & weights! My thought is maybe water retention, the medicine I'm on (provera- to start a cycle), or muscle...
Any thoughts on this.

Replies

• kaydensmom12
    Options
    Make sure you measure yourself. I often do not lose weight for 8-10 weeks and gain weight all of the time but lose a ton of inches. Don't let the scale measure your progress, there are too many factors that effect it.
  • JFunchion
    JFunchion Posts: 19
    Options
    I do not know why I let the scale control me. Im just scared that if I don't get on it regularly, I will get on it in a month or two & see a number I don't like. I have this number set in my head I want to reach (134) & I've been trying for 9 months now, with NO loss.. I flucuate in the low to mid 140s & when I get on the higher end of that, I'm scared it will keep going in the wrong direction...
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I understand how frustrating that it can be but you have to really think about what you want. I would personally like to look like I have lost weight than actually lose it. You just have to get it in your mind that measuring and judging by your clothes is the true measurement, and it may not happen instantly:) If you keep working hard you will eventually get there, your body just takes time:)
  • JFunchion
    Options
    Right, I'm trying! Measuring is in my near future (;
  • eminence28
    eminence28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont worry that's normal- you'll find you'll lose weight to begin with, but once you start building muscle, you will start to gain weight! Don't be put off by the scales- its easy done! When I first started loosing weight and eating healthily the weight dropped off then I started to gain weight and freaked out!! so my fitness instructor told me I was banned from weighing myself and get a tape measure and take measurements instead! Focus on waist, thighs, neck, chest and wherever else you want to lose fat from!! Youll feel so much better once you see that your loosing inches rather than obsessing over the scales!! Your weight will always naturally fluctuate so stick with the exercise and healthy eating!!! Good luck!!
  • JFunchion
    Options
    Thank You! Do you ladies measure yourself? I am often worried to do this, bc I don't know if im doing it correctly! and is there a site to look at for ranges and such?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    As long as your measure yourself in the same spots, you are good. Although if you measure your ribcage probably not going to change much =P

I weight myself daily, but I don't acknowledge weigh/gain loss except for my 2 week weigh ins. You will fluctuate about 5lbs a day.

I personally hold on to the towel bar in my bathroom when my scale doesn't agree with the weight I should be =P

oh use this Tool

http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html

for body fat, and to figure out where to measure.
  • JFunchion
    Options
    Yes I can easily flucuate 3-4# daily. Crazy!!! I'm going to measure myself now (;
  • JFunchion
    Options
    Took measurments for first time!!

4/19/12
    Weight: 143
    Waist: 32” (Min. Girth –above belly button)
    Abdomen: 35.5” (Max. Girth-over belly button)
    Hips: 35” (Feet together)
    Thighs: 37” (Legs two inches apart)
    Bust: 36” (over nipples)
    Right below Bust: 32.5”