How Long Did Your Pleateau Last?

Options
I've lost 1 pound in the last 3 weeks :( getting aggravated... wanna eat junk because I feel like no matter what I do I'm not gonna lose anyway!!!!

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    since February!!! I go up 5 or down 5. Cannot bust through the 190's
    I've given up. I ate a quarter pounder trio today, and dominos pizza.:brokenheart: :sad:

You are doing great - Hope the plateau breaks for you soon!
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I too know how frustrating it can be when you hit a plateau but it's better than gaining :happy: Stick with it and don't give up. . .look how far you've came! One trick I try when I hit a plateau is to drink extra water so maybe that could help you too. Of course I know we're all different but it's just a suggestion:smile: Congrats and good luck getting past that stubborn plateau!!:flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Mine has lasted since May...up a couple...struggle to lose them...back and forth...then I injured my knee(torn cartilage:grumble: ) and have had to adjust my lifestyle with not being able to workout like I have in the past.
    However, the plateau broke through this week with a 4 lb drop ( I do not say loss because I NEVER want to find those pesky pounds again:noway: What has worked for me is remembering and focussing on my goal and why I knew this time would be different.

What you have accomplished so far is amazing and a true testament to your strength and determination. You look great and so much more healthier:heart: DO NOT GIVE UP:heart: Hang in there...vent all you want to us on here...there are more of us here that understand than don't:smile: Pick yourself up and keep working on your goals...big (((((((HUGS)))))) to you:flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I lost like 3 pounds this whole summer, no inches lost show, but I swear i got thinner. everyone swears i look leaner. i almost fit into XS at one of my favorite stores and can squeeze into a size 5-6 jeans where just a few months ago I was in 8-10.

If you feel you've done well/have improved even if scale-measuring tapes don't show it, then obviously you know better.

If you know you can push yourself harder with exercise, haven't incorporated strength training, been going downhill with bad snacking, and could stand to improve the quality of your food.... up and at 'm, girl!

Because giving up means you'll gain weight again. And you'll regret that in a few months,

So take a break. Go on maintenance. And in a month, when you feel all fired up again, go for it.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago It took me 3 weeks to lose 1 pound, then I lost 3 in a weekend, I seem to be back on track now... keeping fingers crossed.
    Dont give up, you will break thru!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    NO!!! Don't quit. You've come so far. Success is just around the corner. You're in for a big drop. Don't blow it! You CAN do this. The greatest discouragement comes JUST before victory for those who endure. You hang in there!!!!!

Susan
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    someone correct me if I'm wrong:tongue:,but someone told me if you hit a pleateau you should go off and eat whatever you want for a few days then start your healthy eating and exercise habits again:noway:

Something about tricking your body:embarassed:
  • vctkell
    vctkell Posts: 41
    Options
    Have you tried changing your workout routein? I was at 153 for like forever, I wasdoing weight and cardio classes 4 days a week plus 1.5 hours of weights and cardio on Sat. mornings. In July I stopped doing the Saturday morning classes (they started charging $10 per class, bummer) and started walking( started with 3 miles, up to 7 now):bigsmile: . Changed from the regular cardio to doing Zumba twice a week. The pounds started to go down, this was enough to motivate me to push it a little more. As of today I am down 9 lbs and a whole pants size. Try some change in your work out to see if it can help you. Keep up the good work, it will happen !!! :bigsmile: :smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    someone correct me if I'm wrong:tongue:,but someone told me if you hit a pleateau you should go off and eat whatever you want for a few days then start your healthy eating and exercise habits again:noway:

Something about tricking your body:embarassed:

That works unless:

1. you keep eating whatever you want, or 2. you've already been eating whatever you want :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have seen more plateaus than the New Mexico dessert! but in 5 months I have lost 25 pounds just as predicted! Just keep at it. Readjust your goals page and it resets your calorie intake from time to time. Just don't give up. When you have lost so much, resetting your goals from your current weight resets your intake slightly! Eat your calories, drink your water! It will happen, just don't give up! one plateau lasted a month, one lasted a week. I call it the metabolism reset! your body is adjusting to the changes! Plus as you build muscle and burn fat at the same time it looks on a scale like you are doing nothing, but you are really building a better furnace to burn up the fat!

I have gone from a size 14/16 to an 12/10 even some 8's the mirror tells a better story sometimes!
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    last summer i had a plateau that lasted three months..i gave up and gained it all back. we all know that if i had kept going i wouldnt have been here. it can only get better, even if you plateau for months..keep trying new things!
  • SPQR4
    SPQR4 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have only lost 3lbs in the last 2 weeks. Prior to that I had lost 34 lbs in 12 weeks. What I have decided to do is maintain things until the kids go back to school (Sept 8) and then resume the same workout schedule that I had before their summer began (keeping to the diet that I began losing weight with).
    I have Sept 7 as a quit date for smoking (down to one after each meal).

All the best with the "plateau",
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My weight loss pattern seems to be losing weight every 4-6 weeks so I weigh every two weeks or once a month.

Last month I was bloated and started jumping on the scale (wrong). It was my choice of fiber so when I changed it the scale went down.

If I don't get adequate rest my body will hold on to water weight (my legs feel like lead) so I'll have to rest at least two days in a row (like starting today).

Don't get discourage. Eat more, rest a week, or hit it harder. Whatever you do don't give up.:flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight all summer (June, July, August) However, I have lost % body fat and have more muscle.

You have done awesome so far. Keep at it. It will work out. You can tweek your settings on here and see if that helps. Is your body in a rut from the same routine/food? Change it up some.
    :flowerforyou:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my plateu lasted 5months and ive only just broken through it, i was stuck around the same 2lbs
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    I don't really have a workout routine, I switch it up all the time... walking outside, running on treadmill, elliptical on a high or low resistance, different aerobics tapes...humm.... guess I'm going to have to go on a very strict diet... which is hard when your bf is a garbage guts! :mad:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You mean they end?:indifferent: