Losing fat but losing fat in places i dont wanna lose it too

Options
...so i lost about 35 lbs about 6 months ago... i lost my butt, i lost my breasts, i lost my curves- but i was healthier and felt better- however i didn't feel "sexy"- so i gained back about 20 lbs (albeit on purpose), but i dont feel as good- so i've decided i'm going to concentrate on being "healthy" and not "losing weight"- so i'm eating right and working out. i know i'm probably gonna lose my curves again and i really dont want to... *sigh* does anyone else have this problem? i dont want to be "skinny" but i do want to be healthy. but my body seems to naturally lose curves even when i dont want it to :/

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately thats a part of weight loss for a lot of women... The butt and the boobs go.

What kind of workouts were you doing? Just cardio or cardio/strength?

I think if you incorporate strength training, you will see your body shrink due to a lower body fat, but still be able to maintain those curves. I have tiny boobs and had a big *kitten*.. now they are both smaller and tighter thanks to strength training but still visible.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Right now, because of my work schedule, I'm just doing Jillian Michaels videos- ripped in 30 right now... but once my schedule changes in may and i can go back to the gym I like doing heavy lifting- i even lost curves diong that though LOL oh well
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough protein and eat at a small deficit(like 250 which is half a pound a week).

That should help cut down on that... but also, your body just may be pre-disposed to take away everything when you lose weight. If it is, then that can only be fixed by surgery.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i gain evenly..it only stands to reason i'll lose evenly- and nah,no surgeries for me :p
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, boobs are pretty much completely fat, so when you're losing fat it includes the curves, haha. Honestly I wouldn't let that discourage you - I lose in different "patches" at a time, so sometimes one part of my body is disproportionately small compared to the other parts that haven't lost yet.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i lost weight and i lost my butt too. yes, guys care about there butts. you know whats fun? making your own butt. deadlifts, squats, and lunges.

my butts coming back. want to see?? go get a quarter, see how far it bounces.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    lol butts
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My boobs were the first to go when I started losing the weight. I was around 160 and got down to 125. However I could not do anything to get rid of my momma pooch. I never really had a butt to begin with. Just recently i've been starting to get one.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, boobs are pretty much completely fat.

Not true for everyone.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight in places I wanted to keep it too! (boobs went from 34DD to 32B!) and my bum shrank to half its size, but the only place I really want to lose from is my tummy/love handles and it is always the last to go.

I feel as though I look a little LESS "in proportion" when I'm lower in weight, because of my body type I will NEVER be the shape I want to be (without lipo of course haha) so I'm trying to re-evaluate my goals.

I recently went on YAZ birth control and it made my boobs pop a bit, nearly a C now...so maybe they will stay like that if I lose a few more pounds. X
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Still just getting started, only lost my boobs....the booty and thighs ain't budged. Plus, the post c-section belly is resistant as all heck! Thanks for being encouraging :)
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Squats squats squats! do them all the time and you'll get a nice round toned butt. Make sure your doing them right also, don't bend forward and all that jazz.
  • Jesslhernandez
    Jesslhernandez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i agree, thats the one way to keep your behind and keep it tight. i did them with weights without and it worked i even got a bigger one thanks to a personal trainner but it was tone. do that and some kickboxing will help as for the tiwns i did butterflys with weights thats where u grab 10-15 even 20 when ready lay flat o n the bench and curl them like a hug. keeping your pecks tight keep the girls a lil toner and up.
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    I've noticed that my boobs are all but gone.
    Goodbye D cups, Hello B cups!
    When I went home in February to visit family I bought a bunch of bras in 38C (thinking I surely wouldn't lose more than that) and now they don't fit. :(
    Ah well :)

My thighs are pretty determined to stick around, but I can see them giving in slowly but surely as well!
    I suppose these are sacrifices I'm willing to make :)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    When you say working out... what exactly does that mean?... what type of workouts are you doing?
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13 now (3 before MFP) and I'm losing in my hands, ankle, feet, knees... and all I can think is 'SERIOUSLY!?' why couldn't I lose it somewhere else like my thighs or my stomach! (; I know what you're goin' through :grumble:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Just get implants and do a lot of squats. problem solved.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    same here...unfortunately you can't pick where it goes or where it comes off at...but squats, lunges will help shape the booty!! can't help you in the other area...lol... get a good push up bra :D
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Hoe many times do we have to see these types of threads....

Suck it up. Your body is your palace. Take care of it, it takes care of you. Remember that while your body will bring you admiration of all, initially. But only the petty stop there.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose weight from the top-down... meaning I lose it in my face/neck first, then shoulders/arms, etc. So for a while I will look like a pear with a small head. :P

When I was in better shape at 18 I still had boobs even through weight fluctuations, but now it's 10 years and 70-ish pounds later, so we'll see what happens this time around. *Please don't go away, boobies.*

By the way... OHAI! I'm the new girl. Please don't throw tomatoes, I might eat them.