Myfitnesspal is for my patients too!

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
I went to a Nursing Conference this weekend and one of the speakers started talking about "Myfitnesspal" and that she would tell her patients about it and encourage them to join. I do that also. but goes to show you that this is a great site! And it is gaining popularity!

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Me too :) I refer at least one patient a day!
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I the patient referred it to my "dietician" nurse... she soon realised she was going about things wrong trying to say to cut out carbs! (while sitting stuffing a kit kat in her mouth!)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am not a health professional. But, I have been encouraging friends, family and business colleagues to check out the site since I joined. The logging of food & exercise along with the support helped me loose almost 80 lbs from my heaviest.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I the patient referred it to my "dietician" nurse... she soon realised she was going about things wrong trying to say to cut out carbs! (while sitting stuffing a kit kat in her mouth!)

Give me a break...give me a break, oh never mind.

That's funny stuff, thanks for sharing!
  • pammye65
    Options
    I am not a health professional. But, I have been encouraging friends, family and business colleagues to check out the site since I joined. The logging of food & exercise along with the support helped me loose almost 80 lbs from my heaviest.
    thats Great! thanks! Good for you!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My doctor asked me how I had lost weight. I told him about MFP and he said he'd pass on the information to other patients. Wish I had shares in this place!
  • pammye65
    Options
    Me too :) I refer at least one patient a day!
    Great! Thanks so much!
  • pammye65
    Options
    LOL!
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse - this site is great - I have recommended it to my diabetics for the food look up alone!
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Uh...ya think! Lol.
    You know what they say: "Practice what you preach".
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've told my dietitian today. She's going to check it out to see if she wants to tell people about it. From my enthusiam she reckons she will want to! X
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I work at a spine institute and weight is a big factor for spine problems. I tell patients too, I did just yesterday. But I only tell those who mention wanting to or trying to lose weight. Don't want to offend haha
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am a pediatric nurse, but often times the parents hear my friends and I talking about it at the nurses station and I tell them about it. I just did yesterday in fact. I love this site.
  • pammye65
    Options
    I am a pediatric nurse, but often times the parents hear my friends and I talking about it at the nurses station and I tell them about it. I just did yesterday in fact. I love this site.
    I was a peds nurse for 16 years!
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a chiropractor who has struggled with losing weight for years. Here I am, a doctor, and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight. I had been exercising and did lose some weight, but not too much for the effort I was putting in. My Mom turned me onto this site and since first logging in on February 21st, I have lost 7 lbs. Even though I had cut my food intake in the past, I still ate too much food. This site has helped me to be accountable and more aware of the caloric intake I have. I am recommending this site to my patients and people in my church. Several of those have joined. Thank you creator of this site!!!!!
  • pammye65
    Options
    I am a chiropractor who has struggled with losing weight for years. Here I am, a doctor, and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight. I had been exercising and did lose some weight, but not too much for the effort I was putting in. My Mom turned me onto this site and since first logging in on February 21st, I have lost 7 lbs. Even though I had cut my food intake in the past, I still ate too much food. This site has helped me to be accountable and more aware of the caloric intake I have. I am recommending this site to my patients and people in my church. Several of those have joined. Thank you creator of this site!!!!!
    thats wonderful!
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to encourage a friend who is also trying to lose weight. So far he has not yet joined, but I'm hoping within the next few months he will. I keep reminding him about it.