Saying Hi

Options
I've been a member of MFP for awhile, but I usually log my food and exercise for a week or so and then get distracted or busy and forget to come back. I am new to the forums though so I wanted to introduce myself and I figured it will help keep me motivated.

I have set a goal to lose about 35 lbs....once I reach that goal I will see if I need to keep going or not. The problem is that I keep gaining and losing the same 6 lbs. I will go on Atlkins or some other diet, lose weight the first week and then fall off the wagon because its too restrictive and I can't keep up. This time I've figured out how many calories I need, log everything I eat and work out with Jillian's 30 day shred. Since Monday of this week I've lost (can you guess?) 6lbs...haha I'm hoping the numbers keep going down so I can reach my goal by vacation - August 4th.

Replies

• shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just joined myself on Monday. I thought if I started logging my exercise and food it might motivate me to stick with it. I'm trying to drop 20-25 pounds. anyways, feel free to add me and we can motivate each other:happy:
  • Gel978
    Gel978 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks! I definitely think logging what you eat and exercising is the way to go!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    it was worked great for me!!! I've lost 16 of my 37 pounds since January. It's a great system here and so much fantastic support. Add me if you need friends!!
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site/boards. I think this will work better for you than those restrictive diets that produce the results but take the fun out of eating. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Atkins doesn't keep it off. This is my opinion. I lost 40 on it but gained it all back plus more when I started eating all the Atkins stuff. I've been told the reason you lose on it is water loss. I like losing alittle more slowly but keeping it off.
  • Gel978
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I can't figure out how to reply to each person but I just wanted to say I appreciate the support!

And I agree, Atkins is not the answer. I lost a lot of weight on it a few years back, but gained it all back and then some. And it left me with a weird view of food that I'm trying to get over. I'm convinced now that the only way to get it off and keep it off is staying within my calorie range and exercising.

Please feel free to add me and we can all help motivate each other. Summer is almost here and I don't know about you guys, but definitely not ready for bathing suits!!!
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi. Same with me, I lose, then gain, then lose, but it never stays off! So now I'm determined, its going! Taking it 10 lb at a time though, with a goal of 4 months to lose 26. Good luck to you all
  • Dragonfly7701
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me :)
  • MistyboBisty
    Options
    I've always hated the thought of logging in all my food, but since I've got in the habit of it, what a huge difference it has made. I'm also doing 30 Day Shred and so far so good. Congrats on the 6 lbs lost so far! That's awesome!

PS If you or anyone else needs more support, please feel free to add me and/or check out my Facebook group C.H.U.B. :smile:
  • SpankyBuns
    SpankyBuns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here to (if anyone would like at add me) I'm looking to drop 24 pounds, just lost my 1st one, gotta start somewhere, I am doing a counting calories and points lost in the past with weight watchers so I have the material> just have to stay motovated and focused. I am 53 so my exercise routine, so I don't hurt myself is Walk Away The Pounds the 1 mile walk, >Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • PaigeStephenson
    PaigeStephenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there ... I read your post and understand completely about the 6 lbs on and off again. Discouraging ... but - keeping track and logging my daily intake keeps me focused so I am determined not to fall off the wagon. Don't think of it as a diet but simply that you are choosing a healthier lifestyle. Denying yourself all sorts of things (like on Atkins or Bernstein) often causes the weight to go back on because you lose it so quickly and deprive your body for so long. Once you begin to eat normally again, your body stores your food in case you begin to deprive it again.
    This way, you eat what you need and there's incentive to exercise ... that being the extra calories! :)

Feel free to add me to your friend list.

Cheers and good luck!
    p
  • Gel978
    Options
    Thank you guys! It helps to know there are others out there going through the same thing. I'm definitely motivated to get it right this time.....I spend way too much time worrying about my weight!

If I missed anyone and you want to be friends feel free to add me! Good luck to everyone!!