Diet Chef

Options
Have any UK members used Diet Chef to lose weight? (Not sure if it's available globally.) Just wondered what your thoughts about it were, and whether you had any success. Seems pricey to me, but the convenience is tempting as a short term thing as I have very little time to plan/cook at the moment. Ready meals are also often loaded with excess sodium/sugar/preservatives/etc - are these the same? Any comments, good or bad, gratefully received. :)

Replies

• leswithe
    leswithe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi yes, I have used it. It does work, I lost 10 pounds over the two months I was on it. When I did it the minimum sign up was 2 months.
    It is convenient and the meals take hardly any time to prepare. The meals are also nutritionally balanced so not high in the bad stuff.
    The cons are that it's expensive, and you have to buy your own fruit and veg to go with it. I also got bored on it because I am veggie so there weren't that many meal options for me.

If you do go for it can you use my code, I get £10 off if you do: MYQLUKXJ
  • sweetpickle0506
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply, that's brilliant. Did you find the meals filling?
  • heatherina1983
    Options
    I was on diet chef for 3 months, although I wasn't very strict about it and still have quite a few meals left. Again I am veggie so found the meals quite restrictive. They weren't very filling but I got used to filling up on salad, vegetables and fruit. It is convenient but I enjoy cooking so ended up using the meals as a base and adding other stuff to them (herbs and spices). I found the soups the best, absolutely delicious.